Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla center can't fix my M3 now doesn't reply back to me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I need some suggestion and wisdom from you guys.

Since Nov 04 2021, My M3 has been running into a chain issues starting from the 12v battery failure, I used the app and booked an appointment for a remote service. after a few days a remote service guy came and tried to fix my problem. However, first thing he did was using screw driver and scooped out the tow panel (later I read on the tesla online manual, you don’t scoop it out like most car, you just need to push the upper right of the panel to open it, and of course he broke my tow cover and left a mark on my car) And then he pop the frunk and change the battery (and again he forgot to disconnect some cable under the back seats and did it later when it went all wrong) at the first the car power back on, but then we realized now the car is half paralyzed and can not put into drive mode even tow mode. he tried to do something with the 12v battery again (and broke my air intake part for the AC unit, I didn’t realize this until he left). He gave up and ask me to tow it. I called the tesla tow center and ended up wasted the day because the first guy can’t tow it with out putting it into tow mode, and the second tow company cancelled the tow without telling me and tesla tow center called me back to tell me they cancelled the tow. (One whole day wasted with the pay leave)

Second day a tow company finally towed my M3 and I went with the tow guy to the center and explained what happened. They returned my M3 back and did the recall for reseal front upper control arm ball joints after 4-5 days of waiting. (However, after they touched it, the power steering issue started, I just don’t know if it linked or all together with the battery issue not fully fixed)

Fist of all, when I went pick up my car, I realized my driver side windshield wiper is not rotating right and it will go all the way outside of my driver’s side window, I ask them to fix it right there, but then after I drove home, I realized there are more things they did do it right. There is a plastic cover right under the windshield, it should be “click” into the line gap on the edge of the lower windshield, it was not and barely connected, so I put them back myself (I should have take a picture before I did that) and then they have not fix my air intake park that was broken by the first remote service guy and all the air intake parts was just on top of the broken air intake parts not even click back together. (They surely did something here for the 12V battery issue but why they didn’t put everything correctly that beats me)

So, I have to spend other day off to get other remote service guy over to fix the air intake, this time was a young guy who knows his stuff. He told me he doesn’t have the parts with him (even tho I took the picture of the parts and sent the parts serial number to the center before the appointment date) and he didn’t get any update from the center where I sent the information and picture to. However, he still tried his best and used “M3” tape to tape the broken parts and temporary fixed the issue for me until he got the parts. At the same time, we also found little issue from the last repair, like wires not putting back to the wire holder. And here is one key information I got from him while I am chatting with him. He told me that they were expending way to fast on staff and a lot of new staff was not “well trained and they just don’t know how to fix tesla correctly yet” And he was one of the senior staff who need to give training to the new staff but the company did not give them time to do so.

Before this remote service appointment, I already started getting error message from my car which saying “steering assist reduced” but I thought it was ok because after I search internet, some say it might be caused by the cold weather and since it is starting to get cold here in Maryland, I didn’t mention it to the remote service guy. However, the nightmare starts from here.

First I started getting the same “steering assist reduced” message more frequently, to everyday when I started my M3, and then power steering will lose the power before I even drive out of my parking lot. I started messaging the tesla center but of course they gave me a long waiting appointment date. Until it happened while I was driving on the highway, and I must turn the power steering wheel lost the power. Luckily, I did not get into any accident, and during this time I found one way to fix it is to come out of the car (with my phone key or it wouldn’t work) closed the door and re-enter the car. Which I did, but then I realized how dangerous this becoming after a few trucks drove by while I got out of the car on the side of the road and reentering the car. I have to message the tesla center a couple time to ask if I can bring my car over since this issue is critical. And finally, after I asked them if they suggest me keeping driving until my appointment date (which is about other week or so) They ask me to tow my car to the center.

After all that, now it is Jan 2022, my car started the same issue while I was going to drive my family and my son’s friend, luckily it happens in the parking lot, not on the highway.

My next appointment was scheduled on Jan 13 because they don’t have time to take my car and they also stopped responding to me. Since this is all under warranty, can I just tow my car to the center and ask them to give me a loaners car or Uber credit? I really need a car to work next week. Please help me out and shared your wisdom with me. Thank you!

I have not been follow my post for a while and I will like to give you guys an update just for the record in care someone run into the same problem like me in the future.

So first of all, I was able to contacted lemon law lawyers and and sending them a couple invoices I received from the Tesla SC since November 2020. They will take my case but since I already book an appointment with Owings Mill SC, I asked them to let them try to fix my car again since I do like my car still and it is my first tesla, I don't want to let it go just like this.

On Jan 13, Owings Mill SC finally able to take my M3. (after wasting other day waiting for the tow company to come tow my car btw, Tesla road side service center is nice but the company they have contract with seems always have problem for me) Owings Mill SC was nice enough to send me $2000 Uber credit after they got my car, however, they might not touch my car until today Feb 8 (I was checking my tesla app to see what is going on with my M3, and tonight is the first time I see them charging my car and the driver side door is open along with the Frunk.)

Based on how long they took to touch my car, I do believe they are now totally overwhelmed with broken tesla at their SC and they are officially stop taking any new repair request on app like some of the posts mentioned that they can't even see it in their app.

I believe this is the last time I will let them fix my M3, if the issue come back again and it does not cost my life on the free way, lemon law will be the next step.

Upvote 0
I have not been follow my post for a while and I will like to give you guys an update just for the record in care someone run into the same problem like me in the future.

So first of all, I was able to contacted lemon law lawyers and and sending them a couple invoices I received from the Tesla SC since November 2020. They will take my case but since I already book an appointment with Owings Mill SC, I asked them to let them try to fix my car again since I do like my car still and it is my first tesla, I don't want to let it go just like this.

On Jan 13, Owings Mill SC finally able to take my M3. (after wasting other day waiting for the tow company to come tow my car btw, Tesla road side service center is nice but the company they have contract with seems always have problem for me) Owings Mill SC was nice enough to send me $2000 Uber credit after they got my car, however, they might not touch my car until today Feb 8 (I was checking my tesla app to see what is going on with my M3, and tonight is the first time I see them charging my car and the driver side door is open along with the Frunk.)

Based on how long they took to touch my car, I do believe they are now totally overwhelmed with broken tesla at their SC and they are officially stop taking any new repair request on app like some of the posts mentioned that they can't even see it in their app.

I believe this is the last time I will let them fix my M3, if the issue come back again and it does not cost my life on the free way, lemon law will be the next step.

You have a lot more patience than any of us would. sounds like you're been without a car you paid $50k for, for months now. That would not fly under my roof.

Upvote 0