Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much will a lifted spoiler ruin my range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to get a robot craftsman spoiler but I can't seem to find much data on how it will effect my range. Anyone have any guesses?

Pic of spoiler below

1716787191758.png

Taking a W.A.G. here and say it will drop your range by about 1-2%, more if you intend to drive fast enough for the spoiler to actually do its job (keeping the rear down on the ground). Only wind tunnel testing would get you a true affect; too many variables for any "real-world" sampling/measurement to get a useful result.

Do it if you think it looks good. I once had a HUGE whale tail on a 1980 RX-7 until somebody snapped it off while my car was parked out on the street.

How fast do you need to drive a car as heavy as a Tesla to need a spoiler to keep the rear end down? (I assume it's much faster than what you can legally do on a public road) Do you really need to be concerned with range while racing? (I don't know how electric car races work in terms of how far the car needs to be able to go)

How fast do you need to drive a car as heavy as a Tesla to need a spoiler to keep the rear end down? (I assume it's much faster than what you can legally do on a public road) Do you really need to be concerned with range while racing? (I don't know how electric car races work in terms of how far the car needs to be able to go)
It's more for aesthetic appearance rather than performance. It gives the car a much more sporty look and feel.

It's more for aesthetic appearance rather than performance. It gives the car a much more sporty look and feel.

Car aesthetics are a super personal thing, so I support people doing what they want with their car. The only person who needs to like it, is you.

With that being said, it looks like this, to me (which I dont like):

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 10.17.11 AM.png

I do like small, understated spoilers on cars, but the minute it starts having a raised look on it, (and its not a purpose built racecar), it looks uncanny valley / comically wrong, to me.

• Funny
Reactions: Eric33432