Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to avoid being forced to have a front license plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone curious, I took delivery of a 3 over the weekend at Seattle SoDo SC and they aren't sticking the front license plate brackets on any of the cars. They might be really pressed for time with 3 delivery volume. The bracket was left in the trunk for me to put on myself if I wanted to. So I took mine home without a front plate bracket, hurray!

Reactions: Araman0
When I took delivery in July in Bellevue it did not have the license plate brackets installed, they were in the trunk. They asked if I wanted them to install them and I told them no, I would do it myself. I ended up putting the front plate on, its not that bad really, but it did not come pre-installed on my car.

When I took delivery in July in Bellevue it did not have the license plate brackets installed, they were in the trunk.

Yeah, I also took delivery in August at Bellevue, and they had the bracket in the trunk where it's stayed since, and won't be installed.
Haven't run a front plate on my Miata for the last eleven years, nine of those living in Sammamish and driving to Renton daily. Never had an issue, but never pulled over either.

Yeah, I also took delivery in August at Bellevue, and they had the bracket in the trunk where it's stayed since, and won't be installed.
Haven't run a front plate on my Miata for the last eleven years, nine of those living in Sammamish and driving to Renton daily. Never had an issue, but never pulled over either.
My first car was an old Supra with no front plate. Drove it nearly 3 years without issue. Sold it to my brother and he got three tickets in 6 months.

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx
My first car was an old Supra with no front plate. Drove it nearly 3 years without issue. Sold it to my brother and he got three tickets in 6 months.
I think this illustrates that different usage patterns have different results. I keep seeing posts like "I drove from suburban location A to suburban location B for years and never got a ticket." Meanwhile I have heard many stories of parking enforcement in Seattle ticketing for this. Some people just never park on the street in the city and others (like me) do so on a daily or at least weekly basis. YMMV

For anyone curious, I took delivery of a 3 over the weekend at Seattle SoDo SC and they aren't sticking the front license plate brackets on any of the cars. They might be really pressed for time with 3 delivery volume. The bracket was left in the trunk for me to put on myself if I wanted to. So I took mine home without a front plate bracket, hurray!
For the first 45 days, the plates aren't ready form the DMV yet. Enjoy the freedom from the front plate tyranny during that period. :)

The bracket is usually delivered in the trunk, at least in every 3 delivery I've seen. (Roughly 40 of them.)