Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to charge an old MacBook Air 2012 computer using a magsafe2 charge with the Tesla USB port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an old MacBook air 2012 that uses a MagSafe 2 plugin on the laptop. We are going camping and would like to charge the laptop in the Tesla Model 3's USB port. Is there any adapter you are aware of so I can charge the laptop using the usb port in the Tesla? Seems like it would of been helpful to have a cigarette lighter in the car so I could get a cigarette lighter adapter to wall charger. But not sure with just a USB port.

Thanks,

Nathan

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
When did they sneak into my car and install that upgrade? I've owned it for two years and might have seen it when I first bought it or read about it in the manual (that I read cover to cover before picking up the car), but obviously had completely forgotten about it.

My wife and I actually just walked out to the car to check and there it is! Simple 12v adapter to outlet will fix everything for us.

Thanks Tesla Community!