Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to estimate when Your MX order was produced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear all,
I ordered a MX in Germany with delivery in Q2 2020. We can take the car in May earliest. How can I make sure I get one of the new produced units? Is there a way to deduce it from the VIN ot can I ask somebody about production week prior to taking delivery just when the VIN hs been assigned?
Does the sales staff see the production date when cars are being assigned?

to me one of the sales staff explained that in difference to german car manufacturers where you customize a car and just this one is built for you Tesla builds different configurations and puts them for sale to overseas , from this contingent while ordering a a car is assigned. According to what I have heared e.g. from the Elon interview at Third Row Podcast EU models are being produced in the first 6 weeks of the quarter

is that correct?

Assuming yes, so if I set delivery not earlier than May I can make sure (with at least a very high probability) that we get a brandnew car that just left the factory with all new improvements (e.g. LR+) ?