Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does preorder Spec type determine when you can order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, pre-ordered a base cybertruck, which notes delivery in 2025.

For the all wheel drive and cyber beast, the delivery estimates are 2024.

I just spoke to a sales rep, who said that irrespective of which spec you choose, you have a place in line and one ready you will be able to configure your car and even switch specs. Is that true? Or if I reserve an all-wheel-drive or cyber beast, would I be able to configure sooner, and take delivery sooner?

I had a really early pre-order. I have two brothers who also ordered. One a little earlier than me and one quite a while after me. We all ordered the tri-motor variant. I was the only one who didn't select FSD. They both have completed orders waiting on a VIN. Not sure FSD was the difference, but not sure why else my brother with a lot later Reservation # would jump the line like that. 🤷‍♂️

I posted this in another thread but I'm curious to see how they balance telling people who order either AWD variant today that they will be 2024 deliveries vs the million plus reservation holders who, at the time, didn't choose a spec and just left a deposit to get a spot in line. Almost makes me want to place a second reservation on the CyberBeast and see how it plays out as today that one still says a 2024 delivery.