Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to find a stealth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't even know what a stealth Model 3 was until yesterday, and that was also the day I found out my LR AWD was a Stealth. Picked up my new Model 3 September 29, 2018 in Chicagoland area. It was Q3 end and an absolute madhouse. No one from Tesla said a word about Stealth at pick up, service has never indicated I had Stealth and i didn't know it existed until i went to a TMC forum about the Acceleration Boost because it wasn't showing up as a upgrade option in my account. I received the email about the Acceleration Boost in mid December and was excited to purchase. The utter lack of help from Tesla to resolve led me to these forums. Someone asked if I had a red line under the Dual Motor in my app, which I did. They said that meant I had a P, even though I have 18 inch Aeros. I later confirmed with Tesla that my model is a P74 (Performance LR AWD). Best news of the year! I don't need any upgrades because I already have the baddest 3 on the planet!

How did you not notice how insanely fast your AWD car is? Did it just seem like that was normal acceleration for a Model 3?

How did you not notice how insanely fast your AWD car is? Did it just seem like that was normal acceleration for a Model 3?

It’s a Model 3! They’re all fast! I’ve never raced another Tesla or timed my 0-60, so I just figured that’s what I had. I guess the red line in my app should have been a giveaway, but why would I think I had a P when I didn’t pay for one? I’m certainly grateful and it definitely is the greatest news of 2020. Now I’m debating whether to go to local Tesla showroom and update my badge. It would likely spark a conversation at a supercharger and someone else could learn about the Stealth. As I said in the AB forum, TMC forums rule-don’t waste your time with Tesla CS.

Yeah so i rang
San Diego, Phoenix, Vegas, salt lake, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Washington & texas stores.
Everyone had zero model 3s in stock, except texas austin had a SR+ red.
Did talk to some helpful people, who just elaborated that production is being shipped overseas at the moment.
And the best bet to start looking for a stealth in particular was late feb / early march.
fyi hope it helps

I didn't even know what a stealth Model 3 was until yesterday, and that was also the day I found out my LR AWD was a Stealth. Picked up my new Model 3 September 29, 2018 in Chicagoland area. It was Q3 end and an absolute madhouse. No one from Tesla said a word about Stealth at pick up, service has never indicated I had Stealth and i didn't know it existed until i went to a TMC forum about the Acceleration Boost because it wasn't showing up as a upgrade option in my account. I received the email about the Acceleration Boost in mid December and was excited to purchase. The utter lack of help from Tesla to resolve led me to these forums. Someone asked if I had a red line under the Dual Motor in my app, which I did. They said that meant I had a P, even though I have 18 inch Aeros. I later confirmed with Tesla that my model is a P74 (Performance LR AWD). Best news of the year! I don't need any upgrades because I already have the baddest 3 on the planet!
Lucky you!

Lucky you!

Yes, incredibly lucky, especially since I didn’t have to pay anything extra. Greatest news since forever since my dream 3 with P power without the big wheels (especially since I was living in Chicago and would have had countless blowouts). I’m very grateful to Tesla, but wish they would refer all their tech questions to these forums. Tesla CS is hopelessly clueless. Even they couldn’t figure out I had a P, even though my Model in system is P74.

BTW, midnight silver is beautiful!

Yeah so i rang
San Diego, Phoenix, Vegas, salt lake, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Washington & texas stores.
Everyone had zero model 3s in stock, except texas austin had a SR+ red.
Did talk to some helpful people, who just elaborated that production is being shipped overseas at the moment.
And the best bet to start looking for a stealth in particular was late feb / early march.
fyi hope it helps

I've also been on-the-lookout for a Stealth Model 3. Ev-cpo website is showing exactly what you're saying. Took a quick glance at the inventory in Europe, doesn't look like they've shipped any Stealths out there either.

Yes, incredibly lucky, especially since I didn’t have to pay anything extra. Greatest news since forever since my dream 3 with P power without the big wheels (especially since I was living in Chicago and would have had countless blowouts). I’m very grateful to Tesla, but wish they would refer all their tech questions to these forums. Tesla CS is hopelessly clueless. Even they couldn’t figure out I had a P, even though my Model in system is P74.

BTW, midnight silver is beautiful!
Thank you! I wish color choices were free. If they wanted to charge, they should have kept red as the only paid color. Besides that, I love everything with the Tesla. CS is always clueless. They should start recruiting from here.

I paid $2k extra for my Stealth and though I wish I had gotten the same deal as you, they have just increased the price of the Stealth Performance. Yes, one can now order a Stealth Performance right from the website instead of calling a Sales Rep. it is no longer an off-menu item. However, it now costs the same as a Performance and the PUP is a free option. So, I should be thankful that I ordered at just the right time and saved $4000.

F4DE5F5F-466E-4860-A3CE-832E0B2C379C.jpeg

This was my Tesla agreement. No mention of Performance. Keep in mind that pricing options were different in summer 2018. It’s crazy but I am so thrilled to have a P (even if I went almost a year and a half of wondering how much faster my car could be). The new pricing structure is high. While I applaud Tesla for recognizing what their consumers want, they are clearly taking advantage of the situation. With all the changes in pricing structures, you could drive yourself crazy debating if you got the best deal. Instead, we should all focus on the fact that we drive the most awesome car on the planet!

This was my Tesla agreement. No mention of Performance. Keep in mind that pricing options were different in summer 2018. It’s crazy but I am so thrilled to have a P (even if I went almost a year and a half of wondering how much faster my car could be). The new pricing structure is high. While I applaud Tesla for recognizing what their consumers want, they are clearly taking advantage of the situation. With all the changes in pricing structures, you could drive yourself crazy debating if you got the best deal. Instead, we should all focus on the fact that we drive the most awesome car on the planet!

You just posted a TON of personal information on a public forum. I would delete that picture and re-upload one that doesn't include all that information.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
I just reported it so i hope a mod takes it down soon.
Aside from that, the prices then were definitely expensive. For example, when I bought mine in Dec 2019, the price was $35k for Base Model 3 and $14.7k for Performance (Stealth) on top of that, instead of the $18k they have you listed at.

Also, we should meet up sometime for coffee. You are not far from me at all!

Aside from that, the prices then were definitely expensive. For example, when I bought mine in Dec 2019, the price was $35k for Base Model 3 and $14.7k for Performance (Stealth) on top of that, instead of the $18k they have you listed at.

Also, we should meet up sometime for coffee. You are not far from me at all!

Thanks for the offer, Brother T, but it would be a 1000 mile drive each way. Relocated to Denver in September. Best decision of my life (second is buying my 3). If you’re ever out this way, I gained 111 days of sunshine a year moving here (Denver 300; Chicago 189) and the scenery isn’t too bad either, although there are a lack of superchargers.

Thanks for the offer, Brother T, but it would be a 1000 mile drive each way. Relocated to Denver in September. Best decision of my life (second is buying my 3). If you’re ever out this way, I gained 111 days of sunshine a year moving here (Denver 300; Chicago 189) and the scenery isn’t too bad either, although there are a lack of superchargers.
Colorado huh? Nice! Wish I had a good job somewhere a little south of IL. This state is nothing but money-hungry. Enter IL from any direction, “Welcome to IL, please pay toll”. Exit the state, ‘Thank you, please pay toll”! Ugh!

SA is for Sales Advisor. That’s the terminology Tesla decided to use. The same way Walmart uses Associate and Best Buy uses Agent.

DA is for Delivery Advisor. DC is for Delivery Center. SC could either be Supercharger or Service Center. And your local Sales Advisor is correct. Tesla recently did a structure change which resulted in the Stealth now costing just the same as Performance. It used to be $2k more than AWD. Unlucky future buyers.