Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to identify a TESLA/driver car that hit my house?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A neighbor reported a blue TESLA did a hit and run of my house and drove off. The car hit and destroyed an iron fence so damage to the TESLA must be substantial. I even have some parts of the blue TESLA left behind, along with a blurry picture of the driver standing outside the car to inspect after the incident. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with TESLA and with who to see if they can help identify the driver? They will undoubtedly need to get this repaired. I am a TESLA owner myself.

Bring all your info to the police. Tesla will not release any information without a warrant, nor would the police even request it. Consider - if it was another car/automaker that hit your house, would Ford/Lexus/Chrysler/etc help identify the vehicle? Most likely not. Sorry this happened...

• Informative
Reactions: Carolina Karl
A neighbor reported a blue TESLA did a hit and run of my house and drove off. The car hit and destroyed an iron fence so damage to the TESLA must be substantial. I even have some parts of the blue TESLA left behind, along with a blurry picture of the driver standing outside the car to inspect after the incident. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with TESLA and with who to see if they can help identify the driver? They will undoubtedly need to get this repaired. I am a TESLA owner myself.

Do the same thing you would do if it was any other make / model. Remove the word "Tesla" and put "BMW / GM / Ford / Chevy / Audi" in there, then do what you would do if the car was one of those (which is likely make a police report and move on, or whatever else you would do if it was one of those). Just because the car is a "Tesla" does not make it special in that you should expect some additional "anything" from "Tesla" any more than you would expect from "BMW".