Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Junk flew of truck and hit my car, please help ID license plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla family, I was driving on the freeway today and debris from the truck bed of a truck in front of me unfortunately flew off and hit my car. It caused some minor front bumper damage, and also knocked off a parking sensor. I need some help to decipher the license plate. This is as close as I could get to the car safely. I want to say it is 37434N3 or 37436N3. These come back as 2020 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman and 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, respectively. But I am not a car person so no idea what model and year this truck . I had another dashcam recording but it had too wide an angle so the resolution of the plate was even worse. I uploaded the recording below. I spoke with my insurance, and I am getting inspection on Monday, as well as visiting CHP office to file incident per CHP's request. Thank you for your help.

Also, do you know the general cost for service to repair this? Do you think they will end up replacing my entire bumper, and then I might lose both ultrasonic sensors and radar? It's been about 5 years, no wrap, some chips and dings, maybe I should pay $500 deductible and get a new bumper.

Updated link: original MP4 https://file.io/GWd69vNon8mF, video link: front

Attachments

• front.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Things fly off of trucks all the time. I wish they had their own separate roads. Best to stay as far away as possible.

Since this is a zip file, I'm not bothering to look. Others might not either. I recommend putting the photos or video directly viewable in the post if you want more opinions.

Since this is a zip file, I'm not bothering to look. Others might not either. I recommend putting the photos or video directly viewable in the post if you want more opinions.

Got it. I added links to original MP4 that was inside the zip, and a streaming site. Some may want the original video file so there is no additional artifacting from compression on other services.

Thanks for looking, unfortunately edmunds doesn't seem to allow for direct linking to their images.

Got it. I added links to original MP4 that was inside the zip, and a streaming site. Some may want the original video file so there is no additional artifacting from compression on other services.
Your link to original is dead.

Thanks for looking, unfortunately edmunds doesn't seem to allow for direct linking to their images.
You can easily look up car images on google images:
2020 ram 1500-classic crew-cab rear - Google Search

Result for 2020:
2020-Ram-1500%20Classic%20Regular%20Cab-rear-view_13182_119_640x480.jpg

2007 dodge ram 1500 rear - Google Search

Result for 2007:
2007_dodge_ram_1500_rearview.jpg

Definitely looks more like a 2020 to me, just based on much larger logo and the tail light design.

Reactions: xilex
Your link to original is dead.

Definitely looks more like a 2020 to me, just based on much larger logo and the tail light design.

Dang, Google did not like that link. I can' edit my original post anymore, but I put it on mediafire this time: front

I put comparison of 2020 and the assailant side by side, looks pretty similar, right?

Attachments

• danb.PNG
    danb.PNG
    468.3 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: OxBrew