Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to move from Model 3 To Model Y (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about making the swap when the Y eventually comes to the UK, mostly because of the dog-friendliness of the hatchback.

Is it likely Tesla will offer a decent part-ex deal, or will it be more likely a case of selling the 3 privately and buying/financing the Y separately?

I own the 3 outright.

Tim

There are more and more people moving to electric, many of whom either can’t afford new or actually are financially astute enough to have worked out in previous markets that you lose a wedge when you drive off the forecourt. My point is there’s an increasing demand for EV’s therefore I believe we will see strong residuals for a while yet.

You can sell privately and make more money than selling to motorway but for some, (me) selling cars privately is a pain in the posterior. Tyre kickers, people wanting a free test drive, chancers not turning up and people just trying to screw you over.

I’m actually shifting my i3s c7.5k miles on shortly, I’ll live without a second car until my M3LR arrives.

Thinking about making the swap when the Y eventually comes to the UK, mostly because of the dog-friendliness of the hatchback.

Is it likely Tesla will offer a decent part-ex deal, or will it be more likely a case of selling the 3 privately and buying/financing the Y separately?

I own the 3 outright.

Tim
Tesla gave me significantly above WBAC, Motorway, etc trade in on my Golf R last year
but Motorway would now give me more than I paid for my M3P, 7500 miles later