Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2024 update for UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have made the decision to order the Model Y RWD via my company salary sacrifice scheme after test driving it a few times and absolutely falling in love with it!

The lead time via Novuna Finance is approx 22 weeks. This may be earlier but I am able to request a particular date to receive this vehicle once ordered), which works well for me as the coincides with the end of my current lease.

Since I will receive my vehicle around April/May 2024, I just wanted to get your thoughts on whether the model will include any potential updates that are currently available in China and being made in Shanghai ( it is my understanding that Model Y's built for the UK are built here)?

Although these aren't major updates compared to those that are to be included in Project Juniper and are not deal breakers for me would be great to hear your thoughts, thanks.

Total guess but China-based customers can already order a mildly updated Model Y - see the China part of the tesla site.

Feels like that would eventually work its way into the RHD models coming out of the same factory but who knows. All guess work really.

Lightbar in dash + HW4 I would say is likely (if it is a new order and not from inventory).

Full-on Juniper refresh, extra cameras or any of that jazz I'm not expecting RHD until 2025.
Even for new orders - unless it clearly says on the website/order agreement at the time of placing the order I'd expect to receive the current design. In most cases when you order a 'new' Model Y you are actually getting stock which is either in transport or sitting in stock already. Until that stock gets close to running out then I doubt we'll see any updated versions on the UK website, and this is why there is a 2.9% APR deal on current new orders.

Hi all,

I have made the decision to order the Model Y RWD via my company salary sacrifice scheme after test driving it a few times and absolutely falling in love with it!

The lead time via Novuna Finance is approx 22 weeks. This may be earlier but I am able to request a particular date to receive this vehicle once ordered), which works well for me as the coincides with the end of my current lease.

Since I will receive my vehicle around April/May 2024, I just wanted to get your thoughts on whether the model will include any potential updates that are currently available in China and being made in Shanghai ( it is my understanding that Model Y's built for the UK are built here)?

Although these aren't major updates compared to those that are to be included in Project Juniper and are not deal breakers for me would be great to hear your thoughts, thanks.
One second faster to 60 is quite a big deal - the current car is a bit of a slug below 20 mph - I bet a lot of the extra grunt is low down.

I believe that the torque is limited at lower speed. If so, a software update to remove the torque reduction - or to make it a driver-selected option - would be brilliant. It seems odd that a RWD car with only around 300bhp should have this "feature".

I believe that the torque is limited at lower speed. If so, a software update to remove the torque reduction - or to make it a driver-selected option - would be brilliant. It seems odd that a RWD car with only around 300bhp should have this "feature".
I’ve not seen any evidence it’s restricted - it might be, I’ve just never seen anything about it - what is true though is the motor has a powerband, and doesn’t hit peak power until about 50 mph, so it might be related to the torque curve of the motor also. Maybe it’s both.