Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to provide feedback to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've taken delivery of 3 Tesla's in the past 6 months a Model S for me, a Model X for my wife and a Model Y for my son. Overall, I've had good experiences with my delivery process which I want to share. At the same time, I've had some things which didn't go as well as I expected and would like to share those as well. I'd rather not provide in a public forum as I really want to help Tesla become a better company. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a feedback link anywhere. Not sure if I'm just not looking hard enough but if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great! I tried the support area but there is nothing on delivery experience. Thank you!

I think once Tesla has your money, they don't want your feedback. If so, they would send out a third party post delivery survey like every other car manufacturer sends out.
Just the warm welcome someone wants from their first post.

@NDEVGUY I was wondering the same thing I haven't seen much short of tweeting Elon/Tesla then the next patch he adds it. That's the only feedback system I've seen. In the short time I've been around I've seen complaints that were addressed but I don't know if it all comes from tweeting Tesla.

It's probably best that OP understand that the delivery experience is about saving Tesla money, and not about responding to his silly needs and wants.
I don't know Markus Duesmann never changed anything at all when I tweeted him. What have there been 3-4 changes just since I've been here a month because people complained?

Just the warm welcome someone wants from their first post.

@NDEVGUY I was wondering the same thing I haven't seen much short of tweeting Elon/Tesla then the next patch he adds it. That's the only feedback system I've seen. In the short time I've been around I've seen complaints that were addressed but I don't know if it all comes from tweeting Tesla.
Just the truth, companies that put customer service in the forefront provide surveys via third party companies to receive feedback. Tesla dissolved their PR dept. and they obviously haven't put a lot of money in to customer service departments or other post sale needs, such as service and parts. People buy their cars and that's what they care about. The EOQ pushes prove that.

Yeah I've only had one service so far It was pretty impressive they swooped in while I was at work and installed homelink. I didn't even see them or have to meet them at the car. I thought that was nice. We need more of that.

Heck I have a lift in the garage if they want to come by while I'm sleeping and do any major work. or just show up wherever you are and rotate the tires at 6k miles haha. Like groundhog day.

Service definitely makes a brand shine. It was so hard when I was a die hard bmw fan all of the dealers around me suck and treat you like everything is your fault. I already mentioned how they destroyed my wheels and blamed me. But on my wife's X3 they did some work and you couldn't even open the trunk because the roof spoiler jammed on the body. And they just threw a bunch of extra screws in the trunk. How do you have extra parts when putting a car back together?

Yeah I've only had one service so far It was pretty impressive they swooped in while I was at work and installed homelink. I didn't even see them or have to meet them at the car. I thought that was nice. We need more of that.

Heck I have a lift in the garage if they want to come by while I'm sleeping and do any major work. or just show up wherever you are and rotate the tires at 6k miles haha. Like groundhog day.

Service definitely makes a brand shine. It was so hard when I was a die hard bmw fan all of the dealers around me suck and treat you like everything is your fault. I already mentioned how they destroyed my wheels and blamed me. But on my wife's X3 they did some work and you couldn't even open the trunk because the roof spoiler jammed on the body. And they just threw a bunch of extra screws in the trunk. How do you have extra parts when putting a car back together?
Here we go again, yes we know you love Elon and Tesla...he can do no wrong. Now back to the OP's question, how do you submit a bad experience to Tesla?

Here we go again, yes we know you love Elon and Tesla...he can do no wrong. Now back to the OP's question, how do you submit a bad experience to Tesla?
Omg he didn't even say bad experience. And yeah I am really enjoying my 6 week old car. Why wouldn't I be?
I'm not a fanboy or somehow in love with Tesla but so far I've haven't had any bad experience. Did someone hurt you recently?
By the way I would so give Elon feedback who in there right mind puts wiper controls on a touch screen? Can you just put it back on the stalk? And we're not playing video games so there's zero place for the Yoke and without stalks who would drive that?

1650581780151.png

Last edited:
I was thinking about the OP's question. I think it would be really nice if there was a suggestion box area. If it was constructive and organized maybe Tesla employee's would visit? It would have to be heavily moderated though. I wouldn't expect anyone at Tesla to sift through hundreds of pages of nonsense where everyone is just bashing Tesla. That doesn't help anyone. Telling someone they're stupid when they designed something a certain way doesn't help anyone.

It's nice that the OP is trying to do just that and just start another flame Tesla thread.

I still think Tesla has a long way to go. No one should be waiting a year for a car. How can you even plan for that? Same goes for service people can't be without their cars for months. I do think that some of the recent changes are being done to solve the first problem. Not sure if any focus has been shifted to service though.