Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove/block YouTube from model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great solution, but getting rid of premium connectivity would kill it (unless connected to wifi). Of course you would also loose traffic info and streaming, so probably not the solution you are looking for. But I am confused, why are you letting your kid do anything on the main screen while you are driving??? I did not think any of the video apps would work at all while you are driving (on the main screen anyway).

Not a great solution, but getting rid of premium connectivity would kill it (unless connected to wifi). Of course you would also loose traffic info and streaming, so probably not the solution you are looking for. But I am confused, why are you letting your kid do anything on the main screen while you are driving??? I did not think any of the video apps would work at all while you are driving (on the main screen anyway).

Not signing up for premium connectivity worked for us.

I would also love some kind of parental controls capability that allows the owner to restrict screen access. Every time I walk away from the car, my kid tries to sneak in and dive into the menus. Makes me worried he'll change some key setting or open up the service menu (which he knows about).

Kids jump in front seat any chance they get.

Florida allows you to play games while driving.

Why is your kid randomly jumping in the seat “any chance they get”? Be a parent and control your child. You have the authority to tell them what is and isn’t allowed by setting rules and boundaries and expected behavior.

It’s not Tesla or YouTube’s job to do your parenting for you. You shouldn’t have to somehow delete or disable the YouTube app in the car. Just tell your child no, you can’t use it.

It doesn’t even work in motion anyways.

(moderator note)

My intuition tells me that this thread is right at the point where it is about to go off the rails. The answer to the thread question has already been given, which is either dont buy premium connectivity, or "no" (ignoring the social solution).

I also dont quite understand what "Florida allows playing games while driving" means, when the OP has "vancouver" under their name, and that statement appears to be patently false, according to everything I found on the internet, like so:

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 10.11.29 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 10.12.32 PM.png

So, I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.