Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove pine sap and scratches from window?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When some pine sap proved resistant to regular cleaning with Windex, then with just a wet paper towel, my partner--who actually owns our MX--suggested I stop right there and ask for advice...but no, I wanted to resolve this one problem myself. Now I have two problems: the pine sap is still there but so also are lots of little scratch marks on the glass all around it where I attacked it with the rough (but non-medal) side of a kitchen sponge. So now, can anyone please tell me what kind of solvent will remove the organic pine crap and then, is there any way to buff out the (actually, pretty light) scratches I've added?

From the internets: Find the spot of sap and pour a few drops of the remover solution onto a clean washcloth or terry cloth. I recommend using Turtle Wax's Bug and Tar Remover, available at most convenience and auto-parts stores for under $10. You can also use rubbing alcohol. Another suggestion was alcohol based hand sanitizer.

don't let it get on the paint!