Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to remove the Model 3's center console

evp

Nerd
Nov 28, 2014
Arvada, CO
Good to know. I want to install another 12-volt socket on the back of the console; the one inside the little box is totally useless.

Yonki

Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2015
Pacific Grove, CA
Why did you want to reroute the USB hub?
Not re-routing the existing hub; I'm adding a powered hub so I have ports for the 2 phone docks, a corded extension for my wife to use her phone (up close) while I drive, and 1 or 2 USB memory sticks. Before I had a USB adapter plugged into the 12V outlet and ran the wire under the trim on the side of the console. Routing it this way is a lot cleaner and frees up the 12V port for other stuff.

Reactions: CaptainJ

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC