Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to report navigation map issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lzolman

Never thought I'd be driving the world's best car!
Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Boston North Shore
I noticed a problem with the navigation map (Boston area) and wondered, while driving, how to report it. I tried the "bug report" voice command but it didn't seem to give me a way to explain exactly what the bug WAS.

Anyone know how I get the info to Tesla?

The maps are Google maps. You can report errors to Google at:

I have done this and they do eventually correct them. I do not know how to report Navigation errors to Tesla.

The maps are Google maps. You can report errors to Google at:

I have done this and they do eventually correct them. I do not know how to report Navigation errors to Tesla.
Thanks! This smells like more Tesla's fault than Google Maps' though. Here's the deal: there are two exits next to each other off of I95 in the Lexington, MA area: Route 2A and Route 2. My directions said to get off at "Route 2", the map had a "2" with a circle around it, but that was ACTUALLY the Route 2A exit. The route 2 exit is a mile down the road.

Google Maps, if you go to the web site, has it correct, of course. But in the car, Route 2a is labeled as Route 2. I knew 2A came before 2 so I just got off, as the picture was clearly showing me getting off at the NEXT exit. But it was weird seeing it mislabeled.

[Edit:] Oh, now that I think about it, there may have been one earlier time when a trailing letter was omitted from a route designation on the map. That time there was no ambiguity, however, so I hardly even remembered that it happened.