Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to save dash cam clip when set to manual.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 MSLR with the new yoke steering wheel. They moved the horn to the center and replaced the old horn icon with the dash cam icon. If I set dash cam on manual, how do I save dash cam video? When I press the icon on the yoke the dash cam cameras show on the screen but I haven’t been able to save any footage. Pressing the icon on the yoke again just collapses the dash cam window. How do I force the the recording to be saved?

I was hoping to be able to save the clip without having to reach for the dash cam icon on the big screen. That’s forcing me to take my eyes off the road, search the botttom of the screen, and reach over. That’s not impossible to do but it would be safer to have the same action on the yoke.

I don't think that the button on the yoke is the "dash cam" button. It is the rear-view camera button. It has nothing to do with the dash cam feature.
I got the new yoke last week. The service center told me the new yoke moves the horn to the center and adds a dash cam button. I just went out to my car and checked. You are correct the button is for the rear-view camera. I could swear that when I tested the button while driving I was seeing the front facing camera. Then again, I was paying more attention to the road than the video feed.

Thank you for setting me straight.