Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to Send Spotify Playlists From PC TO Tesla

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
If you sign in to Spotify in the car with your Spotify Premium account, you should see your playlists as created on the PC.*

*Eventually

Syncing between phone / pc and car for spotify seems to take some indeterminate amount of time, at least for me. Also, if you add a song to a playlist on phone or PC, it seems to take some random amount of time before it shows up in the car. Additionally, at least for me, the playlist in the car does not always show all the songs that are actually in the playlist (showing on other sources).

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Is there a way I can sync my playlist from non premium account to Tesla Spotify account?

In the US, playing spotify requires a premium account so there is no access at all through the tesla interface to a "non premium account". I have no idea how that works internationally however. If your location under your name is "southhampton, england", you should likely ask this question in the UK and Ireland subforum, because spotify access may be different there than it is in the US.

Reactions: Red Ryder 3

Fatcris

Dec 5, 2021
Ks
On the screen, click on the music icon. It will be there in the bottom row. Now, click on the Spotify option. You will be redirected to a new window. Here, you will be asked to log in. Please note that Sportify's free account will not work with Tesla

Fatcris

Dec 5, 2021
Ks
You can log in by choosing the Tesla account. This way, the Spotify Premium account will be linked automatically. Your car's audio screen will display the Sportify account from where you will be able to choose the songs, playlists, stations, and albums.

Fatcris

Dec 5, 2021
Ks
After the setup is completed, you can use the voice command feature and ask Tesla to play any Premium Spotify songs that you want.

It is to log in to the Premium Spotify account, and from there, you sync the playlist to the car. The rest of the functionality will remain the same. However, Tesla won't allow you to create new playlists

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC