Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you noticed Spotify being weird lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
Spotify seems to be having trouble following my playlist recently (the last few weeks). I'll ask Spotify to play Rush and it will play 3 or 4 Rush songs and then switch to something completely unrelated, like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Even when I give it a playlist to play, say Rap from the 90's, it will play several songs and then switch to an EDM playlist. To be fair, I have all of those playlists in my favorites, but it's never switched between them before.

Yes, I've tried to do the 2 button reboot and it didn't seem to help. And it happens whether I choose an actual playlist or just a genre of music. I'm on 2024.2.7 if that helps.

Haven't experienced this myself. Is your Spotify account possibly in use somewhere else? Mine will sometimes resume playing the last playlist in my car, and other times it will resume playing what I was playing at home on my computer or via an Echo dot.

Haven't experienced this myself. Is your Spotify account possibly in use somewhere else? Mine will sometimes resume playing the last playlist in my car, and other times it will resume playing what I was playing at home on my computer or via an Echo dot.
I have the same account on my computer, so yes it's in use somewhere else. However, I've had this same setup for years and never experienced any problems. Plus, while I'm in the car my computer is not playing music, so I'm not sure that would be the cause. Additionally, I never play Mickey Mouse Clubhouse songs on my computer, just in the car (for the grandkids).

I have the same account on my computer, so yes it's in use somewhere else. However, I've had this same setup for years and never experienced any problems. Plus, while I'm in the car my computer is not playing music, so I'm not sure that would be the cause. Additionally, I never play Mickey Mouse Clubhouse songs on my computer, just in the car (for the grandkids).
Did you possibly just answer your own question? Spotify is learning a new preference?

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
Did you possibly just answer your own question? Spotify is learning a new preference?
Oooo... maybe. Kinda like when you watch ONE Latino music video on YouTube, suddenly you are a fluent speaker of the language and want all of your videos in Spanish. 😡

Though it still doesn't explain jumping from one playlist to another. It never used to do that before.

Reactions: ewoodrick
Or how you have to be careful about what you order from Amazon, because Alexa then displays it?
Or you search for one thing and you then get every damn ad about it?

I'm getting a Cybertruck and have heard how great the sound system is. As part of that I'm in the middle of switching to Tidal. While a little skeptical at the high-definition music concepts, I'm definitely hearing a difference in my Model 3. It's like going from FM radio to CDs.
It's got a few drawbacks in that I'm adjusting the volume more, but honestly, that's the way you should be doing it. Unlike FM radio where everything is companded into a single volume.

My Spotify is acting strange as well for the last few days. It usually displays my playlists/albums in the order that they appear on my phone and computer, but now it's mixing everything up randomly on the display.

I wish that the Tesla/Spotify app would work with folders, as on the phone/computer...

The other day my car switched from a Spotify playlist to a Streaming playlist, all by itself. I don't know what happened but one minute I was listening to my favorite songs on Spotify and the next I was on some weird Streaming playlist.

I updated to a new firmware version yesterday (2024.3.15) so I don't know if the problem is fixed or not.