Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to stop suspension from raising every time I come home?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at home and drove the car up on ramps and raised the suspension to it's highest level. Afterwards I lowered it to the standard level. Now every time I'm at home it raises to the highest level. How to stop that?

IMG_5051.JPG

Logically, if Always Auto-Raise is blue like in the first pic, pressing it would cause it to always raise at that location, not shut it off. The X in the second pic isn't blue.
I never noticed the X before, but I have no idea why it is there. Maybe pressing the greyed out X cancels the removal of auto raise at location. Just fool with it, but this process is how you disable it.

• Informative
Reactions: Yelobird
Tesla recently reverted the SaS (smart air suspension) functionality back to the original version which is annoying as all get out. With the current (and original) version, the car would automatically save your GPS position every time you raised the suspension. This is compulsory and requires the user to tap the screen telling it to NOT remember that location if they don't want it to.

The problem is that sometimes there are multiple clicks required to get it from the lowest setting to the highest setting and you have to tap the "x" button every. single. time. before you process the next step in the annoying sequence.

On top of that, for people like me who live in a four-season area, I regularly use the air suspension to increase the height to give more ground clearance whenever there's no ruts in the road. This means that these locations are not only seasonal but can also change from day to day. Saving the absolute GPS location in all instances is just silly. I would rather the option to click the screen once for locations I always want it to perform that behavior because then I never have to click the screen again.

The inverse is the exact opposite and I find myself constantly tapping the screen six or seven times and I have to nail every single one and sometimes I'm also trying to do other things while operating a moving vehicle. This is recipe for disaster and Tesla needs to put it back to the way that it was before the most recent update as it pertains to SaS.

Several years ago, Tesla reversed this to where it wouldn't remember unless you tapped the screen. This was an amazing quality of life improvement for people like me who regularly use their air suspension in unpredictable ways. For whatever reason, somebody decided that the old way was better and reverted it back to that. It's been a nightmare for me, people I know that live in my area & and I'm sure countless people who also live in four-season areas ever since.

I really wish that Tesla back to the way that it was for the last few years as this was really the best way to implement this feature for all users.

I find myself constantly tapping the screen six or seven times and I have to nail every single one and sometimes I'm also trying to do other things while operating a moving vehicle. This is recipe for disaster and Tesla needs to put it back to the way that it was before the most recent update as it pertains to SaS.
Would setting the right scroll wheel to auto raise or lower the suspension help?

I can't remember if the scroll wheel function goes both ways, since I had to set it to fan on the insistence of DW, who cannot wait for climate to kick in 🎂

Would setting the right scroll wheel to auto raise or lower the suspension help?

I can't remember if the scroll wheel function goes both ways, since I had to set it to fan on the insistence of DW, who cannot wait for climate to kick in 🎂
Nope. Regardless of whether you change the height from the display or the scroll wheel, it automatically stores the ride height and GPS location with the change to SaS behavior in the latest update.