Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to subscribe for Premium Connectivity 1 Year Trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the email after picking up my MY yesterday for the one year trial. I hit "subscribe" (in the email) and it takes me to the Tesla site. But there is no indication there where I should look in the site in order to start the trial.

Could anyone give me a hint as to what I ought to be doing to get this working?

Thanks,

Rich

• Helpful
Reactions: Pierre Delecto
It should just work without doing anything. For me it took one day after delivery to start working correctly though.

Frank, thanks for the input. I suspect if I give it a day or so more it'll work out OK. I'll try not to panic!!

By the way, the MY I picked up was/is perfect. Really. Nothing out of place, works like a dream. I was a bit concerned, reading all the horror stories, but it would seem that Tesla may well have their act together at this point.

Rich

Reactions: CleverUsername
I don't believe you can subscribe to the Premium Connectivity service until you receive your Tesla vehicle. I recall activating the Premium Connectivity service on my Tesla Account just after I received my Model Y back in June. I provided the requested CC information, as far as I am aware I have not yet been billed for the service. I also signed up for Spotify Premium at the same time via the Spotify app on my phone. As I recall I received 4 months free when I signed up for Spotify Premium. If you only have basic Spotify (with commercials) you can't access this from the Tesla vehicle.

I picked up my MY two days ago. It shows the one year trial on my cell phone. I did not have to do anything. What extra service does this give me? Is it just music and games or is there more to it?
Premium Connectivity provides:
1) Streaming music, video over the LTE service, e.g Spotify Premium (requires you to have a Spotify Premium account.) Also enables streaming Tesla Theater to access your Netflix and Hulu accounts (Tesla Theater is only available while the Tesla vehicle is parked)
2) Satellite imagery for the Tesla Navigation software
3) Real-time traffic updates for the Tesla Navigation

@RichAZ/CapeCod correct, the connectivity does not include Netflix or any other paid content streaming subscriptions you can think of (Hulu, HBO, Spotify premium, Apple TV+/Music, Amazon Prime Video/Music, Disney+, etc. etc.). It's basically like a cellphone plan for your car, it's just the data pipe to and from your car. You can run most/all of those services over it if you separately subscribe to and pay for them, but getting the connectivity does not give you those content subscriptions.

@RichAZ/CapeCod correct, the connectivity does not include Netflix or any other paid content streaming subscriptions you can think of (Hulu, HBO, Spotify premium, Apple TV+/Music, Amazon Prime Video/Music, Disney+, etc. etc.). It's basically like a cellphone plan for your car, it's just the data pipe to and from your car. You can run most/all of those services over it if you separately subscribe to and pay for them, but getting the connectivity does not give you those content subscriptions.

Thanks. That clarifies the matter for me.

Rich

i am having the same issue here... we picked up the car, but none of the premium connectivity work!!

What do I need to do?
Do I need to subscribe to the service in order to kickstart the free trial??
What doesn't work?

• Traffic Visualization (Green, red or yellow lines show historical traffic)
  • Satellite-View Maps (Press the screen, select the globe icon)
  • Video Streaming (Entertainment/log in with YOUR own username/password that YOU pay for outside of Tesla)
  • Caraoke (MusicNote/Pull Up/Click Caraoke)
  • Music Streaming (MusicNote/Streaming = LiveXLive "Slacker" free [maybe] or log in with premium account purchased outside of Tesla or use Spotify, purchased outside of Tesla)
  • Internet Browser (Press Web icon. - It is slow, but a website will load if you have LTE or Wifi)

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
No traffic on map
Also, when we tried to use Spotify, it said for premium connectivity only.
But under “Softwore” tab, the car said we have premium connectivity that expires next year!!

What gives??

Traffic - Press the map, then on the right press the Traffic Light icon

Spotify - Requires your own personal account. Go to the www.spotify.com and sign up. Then login in your car.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung