Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did Tesla Remove Premium Connectivity Subscription from the Phone App?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used to be right in the app under Upgrades > Software > Subscribe > Premium Connectivity. All I see now is FSD monthly. I need to renew by tomorrow. Can't find a way to re-subscribe to the service. Anyone know how I do this? Thanks!

In my tesla app, in your workflow, when you get to SUBSCRIBE in your workflow, in my Tesla app it says "You have all the software subscriptions" and underneath that statement is a small blue "manage" hyperlink.

When I tap that, it takes me to active and inactive subscriptions, and I can see my premium connectivity subscription there (I pay yearly).

In my tesla app, in your workflow, when you get to SUBSCRIBE in your workflow, in my Tesla app it says "You have all the software subscriptions" and underneath that statement is a small blue "manage" hyperlink.

When I tap that, it takes me to active and inactive subscriptions, and I can see my premium connectivity subscription there (I pay yearly).

I have nothing there on the subscribe page except "Full Self-Driving Capability $199.00.mo"

That is all it says. I have the very latest app update running. I have the very latest software in my car installed.

What else can I do? Can I re-subscribe from my car? Should I go see a tech at a Tesla physical location?

How about (starting from the home page of the app) UPGRADES, then scrolling all the way to the bottom and selecting "manage upgrades" which has a gear next to it (on my app)? This goes to the same place for me as the above "manage" hyperlink I described.

I am using iOS and Tesla app version 4.28.2.2157 (I dont think car software version is relevant here so I am not putting that)

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 11.15.17 PM.jpeg

There is nothing below "Accessories." iPhone App version 4.28.2.2157

I am going out to my car to see if I can find a widget or something in there to re-subscribe. My phone (iPhone 13 Pro) has no method of getting to where your phone apparently goes. That page you have does not scroll past "Extended Service Agreement." I can see the very top of what you have there named "Accessories," but I can't see all of that pic on my phone *whicg shows the top of a car). Page does not scroll at all.

Last edited:
Additional info. I have had FOUR car software updates in one week, and another just an hour ago, despite having it set to Regular and not Advanced. With every update, something breaks. Tonight I could not get into my car. Even having the phone Bluetooth ON and the App up, and holding the phone up to the mirror (where the BT antenna is located), I could not get in without finding my card. Luckily, that worked. Walk away phone lock does not work now. Yet, the phone is paired and BT music from the phone plays in the car. Something is seriously F'ed up. I've never had that many updates in such a short time. Going to give this one more day to work itself out. Or I might drive to Tesla location tomorrow and ask what is happening.

Car has no method of re-subscribing.

Went to desktop on the web at my Tesla account. There doesn't seem to be a method of re-subscribing there either. I can get to a PDF receipt for last year's subscription showing it will expire in under 24 hours from now.

Thank you both for trying to help.

Last edited:
No. I did 1 year. Does it know to automatically renew for another year, or do I need to do something to intervene?
Mine shows my 1 year connectivity, and that it renews on March 4th of this year. It renewed automatically last year (March 4th 2023), so I expect it to auto renew this year too.

Bluetooth music has nothing to do with phone as key, so bluetooth music working or phone calls working is not related to phone as key. My wifes model Y (2022 model Y Performance) has had 3 versions of the holiday update so far, but I have not noticed any quirks that others have reported.

I always power the car off after updates though (using the power off command in the car) as I have said in a few other threads though. Anyway, the only other suggestion I would make is to make sure you still have mobile access on, in the car.

You should be able to do it from the car. From what I recall, there was a Manage link next to Premium Connectivity on the Controls > Software screen. However, if that doesn’t work, just wait for the current subscription to end and then you should see it as an available upgrade in the app.

You should be able to do it from the car. From what I recall, there was a Manage link next to Premium Connectivity on the Controls > Software screen. However, if that doesn’t work, just wait for the current subscription to end and then you should see it as an available upgrade in the app.

This makes the most sense. Thanks! But I couldn't find anything on the screen to manage subscriptions in the car. What I did today was visit a Tesla location where I picked up my car 13 months ago and asked. They confirm that the Premium Connectivity is auto-renewed on the anniversary date. Is this 100% correct? Dunno. I don't trust any Tesla employees' knowledge 100%, especially at the store locations. I will know in another 24 hours if I get any messages or connectivity issues. Two employees mentioned that in the app and also online account details (from a real computer) are extremely vague about how and if it renews.

Another subject discussed, and off-thread, was the window drop functionality at low temps. I was wondering about all my windows moving up and down a bit every time I enter or exit the car, and then close the door. Apparently, about a half dozen upgrades ago, the firmware detects outside temperature, and if <40 degrees F, all the windows lower a half centimeter to help clear the roof area at the top window pocket seal to help avoid not breaking the seals or window glass when trying to open a door. This is good, and a step in the right direction for us Northerners. But it doesn't fix the main problem of frozen windows. At least I know now what the car is trying to do. What I worry about is if the car attempts to move all the windows, and if they are frozen in place inside the doors, does this eventually mess up the window motors? I can only guess that it puts additional stress on them.

Last edited:
My Premium Connectivity auto renews. If you get a free Premium Connectivity trial when purchasing a new Tesla, you’ll receive an email about the free trial that will give you the option of subscribing when your trial ends. Once you subscribe, it will renew automatically until you cancel.