Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to touch up the blue paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accidentally closed the garage with the liftgate up and there are some small chips in the paint. Not huge, but in a very visible area and hard to ignore now. Also don’t want the chipped area to expand. 2023 blue Model Y. Each chilled area is about 1 cm long. I was able to wipe the chipped paint off the garage door (ugh).

I don’t want to take it to a fancy body shop and be charged $500 or something for this, but since it’s in a visible area, I want it to blend in. What’s my best option?

Attachments

• CAEEF4CC-03A0-4100-BE91-6C9D7D5AE0BC.jpeg
    CAEEF4CC-03A0-4100-BE91-6C9D7D5AE0BC.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 261
  • 9D954048-4D43-4A04-A3CB-2D952D155795.jpeg
    9D954048-4D43-4A04-A3CB-2D952D155795.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 205
I got mine fixed at a body shop and it was extremely reasonable here in rural New Mexico. No way I'm gonna buy the touch up kit. It was cheaper and easier to get it fixed by a professional. OTOH, prices might be totally different in LA.

This was my first new car. My previous cars were all more than ten years old when I got them. So I never bothered with minor dings and scratches before. I was very impressed by the quality of the work and the price. The downside was a two month delay between when I got the estimate and when they could do the work.

I had previously used this shop for ppf and tinting the windows and windshield right after I got the car.

Again, YMMVG.

I accidentally closed the garage with the liftgate up and there are some small chips in the paint. Not huge, but in a very visible area and hard to ignore now. Also don’t want the chipped area to expand. 2023 blue Model Y. Each chilled area is about 1 cm long. I was able to wipe the chipped paint off the garage door (ugh).

I don’t want to take it to a fancy body shop and be charged $500 or something for this, but since it’s in a visible area, I want it to blend in. What’s my best option?
Same thing happened to me. Tried the factory paint. Didn't look so good so I wiped it off. Tesla recommended Branning Automotive. They fixed it at no charge. Branning Automotive does body repairs for Hertz and a few others. Ask at your local Tesla SC who they recommend.

Attachments

• Tesla Lift Gate Damage IMG_9287.JPG
    Tesla Lift Gate Damage IMG_9287.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 135
  • Tesla Lift Gate Repair IMG_9534.JPG
    Tesla Lift Gate Repair IMG_9534.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Tesla Branning Automotive Group IMG_9535.JPG
    Tesla Branning Automotive Group IMG_9535.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 126