Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Blue MYLR (almost perfect) small paint defect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up last night. Was dark and rainy. After reviewing paint I found this spot. Read a bunch of threads on not letting tesla touch paint. Couldn't find an example of this though. Otherwise the car is immaculate.

Inclined to just let it be but such a weird defect. Don't want it to be a spot for future rust initiation.

Attachments

• 20231229_113705.jpg
    20231229_113705.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 20231229_113730.jpg
    20231229_113730.jpg
    828.4 KB · Views: 37
If it was me I would let it go, since it looks like a really small speck from the pictures. The front of the car will acquire small chips of at least that size in no time anyway, unless you put on some PPF (I didn't). If you're worried, buy a touch-up kit and either paint directly over it or maybe sand it down or pick it off before touching up.

I had two minor blemishes in the paint, and they outsourced it to an auto body paint shop that comes to their service center. After it was fixed I couldn't even find it again. I don't see why they wouldn't make it right and get it fixed.

I had two minor blemishes in the paint, and they outsourced it to an auto body paint shop that comes to their service center. After it was fixed I couldn't even find it again. I don't see why they wouldn't make it right and get it fixed.
Would you mind posting pictures before and after repair?
Was your repair done by their official Tesla body shop ?