Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn off just one air vent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In every car I've ever driven, individual air vents have the option to open or close them separately. In my Model S I cannot figure out how to do this. My wife doesn't like the air blowing at her, and I do. So we can't drive in the car together -- ever -- without one of us being uncomfortable. You would think you could just open the menu and tap on the passenger side airflow animation to disable it, but it doesn't work.

I know the car supports it, because sometimes (I don't know what triggers it aside from there being nobody in the passenger seat) the passenger side will be off and the driver's side will be on. And then tapping the passenger side on the screen will turn it on.

Maybe there's a hidden way to do this, but is there any way to officially request a software feature? It's probably my single biggest gripe about the car.

While I'm not aware of a way to turn them off, you can redirect the airflow to the far side, which eliminates the direct air. If the air is split, drag the two airflows together to make one airflow, then slide it to the window side, and perhaps slightly up. It should feel like it's off.