Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC Gen 1 contactor fail: Curtis Albright SW82-312

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

We have had a Gen 1 HPWC since 2013. Just missed the Gen 2 apparently.
The contactor (Curtis Albright SW82-312) appears to have failed.

Has anyone here been successful sourcing that component?

Curtis Albright contactor SW82-312.jpg

Regards,
Robert

These appear to be custom configured parts, so while you can likely buy a replacement it probably will cost around $100 and have a long lead time.

I would reach out to Curtis directly and ask where/how to buy or try one of their distributors. A quick google shows one that appears to have an online presence: Curtis/Albright SW82 DC Contactor

Almost certainly easier to replace the whole unit unfortunately :-(

These appear to be custom configured parts, so while you can likely buy a replacement it probably will cost around $100 and have a long lead time.

I would reach out to Curtis directly and ask where/how to buy or try one of their distributors. A quick google shows one that appears to have an online presence: Curtis/Albright SW82 DC Contactor

Almost certainly easier to replace the whole unit unfortunately :-(
Unfortunately that’s what I was thinking. By the time you are done, and after five years of wear and tear, may be worth the $500. But have you asked Tesla, for the heck of it?

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I reached out to both Albright as Tecknowledgey and am awaiting feedback.

I did contact Tesla first, but they (local branch) have not been able to facilitate so far. The unit is Tesla customized (-312) and I requested info on spares/channels. It seems like a waste replacing the whole unit.

Does anyone know what model contactor the Gen 2 has?