Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HUGE DUMP of 2018 Inventory!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I said a few posts back those are edge cases and I would personally choose a 100 or 75 over a 90. Again personal choice and opinion. That is also my assumption of why I think it’s one of the reasons the 90s are slow sellers....

I flipped flopped on buying a new 100D for $110 but could not do it. To me the 100D is not worth $110K or $103 after the tax credit.

The 90 that i bought was fully loaded with every option except AP2 and was less than $70K, is AP2 worth that higher price, nope.

When 100's get down to $70-$80 I will the trigger.

Reactions: PhilDavid
As I said a few posts back those are edge cases and I would personally choose a 100 or 75 over a 90. Again personal choice and opinion. That is also my assumption of why I think it’s one of the reasons the 90s are slow sellers....
Yeah that is the beauty of the 90’s, not sure about them being any slower sellers, the battery misinformation has lowered the price making them the best deal on modern Teslas! Average CPO price on the refresh Model S90D’s "non performance" cars is $70,949, while the average refresh S75D is $60,592, for only $10,000 more you can get an S90D, significantly more range and power. On top of that lots of the 75’s were bought on a budget with fewer options where most 90’s are more well equipped. True it’s a personal choice but more range and power is nice to have and very hard to ignore at current prices.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kuhz and Xolt
Did they lower rated miles for P90D's recently? They list 253 for 2015 models and up to 270 for 2016. The 253 seems lower recently or are they protecting themselves from battery degradation complaints?
The numbers didn’t change, 2015’s P90D’s still used the EPA numbers from the P85D’s because they never updated EPA ratings until they did the refresh cars. Early 2016 P90D’s with the old nose still carried the old 2015 P85D EPA numbers. 253 was P85D’s and old nose P90D’s and 270 was EPA updated P90D’s. Battery degrading was very isolated only on early version 90 batteries and changing EPA numbers wouldn’t stop a battery that was going to fail, either it did fail and was warranted or it didn’t. Even if one failed in the future it’s still 8 year unlimited warranties

• Informative
Reactions: Don TLR and Xolt
What's your degradation and miles driven?
The S90D is 257-258 at 90 percent with 20,000 miles, that’s nearly 100 percent supercharger use. X P90D is now 219-220 at 90 percent similar miles. We live near a supercharging station and are firm believers in the ability of the superchargers and the battery cooling and management system to maintain the life of the battery but we usually only charge to 80%. I regularly see and have talked to another local guy at the supercharger that is a salesman with about 60,000 miles and counting on his daily driver ‘16 X90D who has almost always supercharged to 90% every night to 227-228 miles. Tesla has said that continuous supercharging isn’t good for the battery life but some say longer slow charging isn’t as good because the cooling system is not running. I have read about really high mile 90 battery taxis that have always been fast charged with really good battery percentages.

The S90D is 257-258 at 90 percent with 20,000 miles, that’s nearly 100 percent supercharger use. X P90D is now 219-220 at 90 percent similar miles. We live near a supercharging station and are firm believers in the ability of the superchargers and the battery cooling and management system to maintain the life of the battery but we usually only charge to 80%. I regularly see and have talked to another local guy at the supercharger that is a salesman with about 60,000 miles and counting on his daily driver ‘16 X90D who has almost always supercharged to 90% every night to 227-228 miles. Tesla has said that continuous supercharging isn’t good for the battery life but some say longer slow charging isn’t as good because the cooling system is not running. I have read about really high mile 90 battery taxis that have always been fast charged with really good battery percentages.

Impressive numbers