Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge gap after installing swivel mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone encountered and found a solution to this? I dont think its a defect of the product itself. It seems like the metal mount on the passenger side is slightly longer than the one on the drivers.
PXL_20230328_165209242.jpg

My installation looks the same way. I have tried refitting many times. It seems as though the aftermarket company didn't make the cover piece large enough to cover the metal structure and the hooks not long enough to grab the underside of the upper dash panel. I tried grinding out the back of the cover piece with a Dremel. It helped a little but not quite enough. That long, thin piece of plastic that they include to improve the fit doesn't really help too much. The problem is obviously known to the factory otherwise they would not have made the extra part.

Upvote 0
My installation looks the same way. I have tried refitting many times. It seems as though the aftermarket company didn't make the cover piece large enough to cover the metal structure and the hooks not long enough to grab the underside of the upper dash panel. I tried grinding out the back of the cover piece with a Dremel. It helped a little but not quite enough. That long, thin piece of plastic that they include to improve the fit doesn't really help too much. The problem is obviously known to the factory otherwise they would not have made the extra part.
Amazing how every YouTube installation video show no gaps.

Upvote 0
I have seen one of the videos mention the gap. It seems like it would have been an easy problem to fix. Perhaps it is only my opinion, but Hansshow (if this is their product) seems to bring out a lot of new and interesting products but rarely wants to revise the older products. For instance, take their 9" and 10.25" Tesla gauge displays. They offer over-the-air (OTA) updates, but I never see any significant updates available. Where are additional screens that could be offered if you don't like the three that are included? At least they understand that people like to have gauges in their line of sight.

Upvote 0
I have seen one of the videos mention the gap. It seems like it would have been an easy problem to fix. Perhaps it is only my opinion, but Hansshow (if this is their product) seems to bring out a lot of new and interesting products but rarely wants to revise the older products. For instance, take their 9" and 10.25" Tesla gauge displays. They offer over-the-air (OTA) updates, but I never see any significant updates available. Where are additional screens that could be offered if you don't like the three that are included? At least they understand that people like to have gauges in their line of sight.
Hansshow = Chinese

Chinese = "Can be updated" does not equal "Will be updated"

Mostly "New features....Buy our new revised product".

Chinese tech = Expect features that is present on the product at time of purchase, but never expect more.

Reactions: CHALK_Y
Upvote 0
Wow mine does not have that gap. Is yours pushed all the way in.? Mike had a filler piece if you had that gap it’s been 18 months since I installed it. But I would not be happy with that gap.
Of the 2 steel mounts that hold the screen in place, the passenger side one seems slightly longer. It must be a manufacturing defect. This is the reason the plastic cover won't go in all the way.

Upvote 0