Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge update, V11...thoughts? and any hidden features found yet??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. It's absolutely horrible. I'm surprisingly upset about it.
Totally agree that this is a step backwards! Some important stuff is two or three clicks away. Confusing and not intuitive. And they still haven't figured out how to put a simple odometer on the top screen. Not sure who they were trying to impress as my 20 year old daughter thinks it just terrible also. Let's go back to the old version. Pat

Less like
Needing Bluetooth to get to what was Music which seems to have broken out all the old sources and lost the overall music button
Needing to dig for previously frequently used options. Putting wipers on the controls menu is asinine.
I'd like the main screen to remind me which profile I was using rather than it be buried under controls - especially when it keeps picking my wife's profile.

Really don't like having TPMS and trips buried in the services menu.
We think alike, my dislikes exactly. Plus, when playing music from my phone via b/t, no longer shows condensed view of what's playing.
Other features are improvements.

Where do you *view* sentry recordings?
From the Dashcam app

dashcam.jpg

Reactions: K5TRX
The documentation for Light Show says the USB drive "Must not contain any map update or firmware update files", which implies updates from USB are possible. Has that been reported before?
I have not heard of that before, but it makes sense that might be available say if a bad update borked all networking, or if the passenger-side mirror assembly was damaged (the LTE and WiFi antennas are all in there) and service still wanted to update the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
They took an attractive, intuitive and useful display interface and ruined it !
One big reason I bought the car was because I liked the slick and classic design of the display. Why change something that needs to be readily familiar to the driver?
Immediate access and control of car functionality should come way before toys and games.
& the colored icons look terrible.

It seems to me using the steering wheel button to advance between radio stations is much more responsive - before this update I'd have to pause on each station briefly before going on to the next one, now i can click several times and the radio tuner jumps ahead. ymmv!

how about accessing ALL of my USB drives? I have one flash drive for music and one solid state partitioned in 3 parts (teslacam and two for music).
once u choose to start a USB drive playing music, the USB button and arrow don't do anything to show the other 2 drives!!! WTF? when i reboot the car all 3 USB drives come up and show percentage of scanning. Then i tap on one to view and play the MP3s. and i can't go back or choose a different drive.

Wow, can this update have been more backwards looking and completely FUBAR!??? the answer is yes.

Elon, just give us a way to keep the classic look. Some of us actually like a well thought out, functional car display. if i get one more useless game, i'm gonna scream.

I'm 6'2" and my wife is 4'10* so I feel l your pain. When I get in and the car suddenly detects my wife's phone first, it's like that trash compactor scene in Star Wars. I was able to quickly tap the profile setting quickly to stop from being smooshed. Now I have to go into menus to do the same thing. I will have to practice so I learn some muscle memory to change profiles under pressure. 😁
Snap, although I would argue it's worse if you have a similar driving position. At least I know when it's selected my wife's profile, and I am practised at the rapid profile change.
But my daughter and I have a similar driving position, but totally different configs - regen, auto lights, cruise control, chill mode, etc. Unless you check before setting off, you don't know which profile is selected, and this could lead to problems, especially if it does/doesnt slow down as quickly as expected when you lift off!
Tesla need to bring the profile display back.

Yes but that kind of defeats the purpose of the driver profile linked to phone.

And normally it works fine. But if you travel in a car with someone else with phone-as-key (like your spouse), it sometimes picks the “wrong key” and selects your spouses driver profile. It happens at least once a week for me.

Normally it is not a big deal to correct, just select your driver profile. But now that is hidden one or two level down in the menus.
Normally, I can also see it got it wrong. Now, I have to manually check the ff each time get into the car:
1) profile
2) teslacam status — recording or not (because let’s face it, it aint perfect)
3) LTE status/connection