Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Huge update, V11...thoughts? and any hidden features found yet??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly a way to really easily fix this update, is to just take the Control menu, resize it slightly, and just have it open over the car visualization. Perhaps split 'Controls' from the rest of the settings so the other selections are not present (and have a separate 'Settings' button on the bottom row. This way we have all the car controls we need while driving within easy reach of the driver, and nothing of value on the screen is covered up :)

I love that I can add the icons I want at the bottom, also love the recently used to the right.
Love that the speed is now right there at top left and with a clearer font
Love that icons that were always a reach for the driver are now nice and close - like the map orientation button.
Love that homelink now appears on the left at the bottom.
Love, love, love waypoints and the editor. although it would be nicer to have the "add stop" on the first nav menu and edit only appear after you've added a stop.
For waypoints, love that you can start at home and set home as final destination - then add waypoints for your day trip destination. Perfect for those day trip destinations that need charging.
Love that "Work" is now saved in the driver profile
Love that FSD can now go full screen

Less like
Needing Bluetooth to get to what was Music which seems to have broken out all the old sources and lost the overall music button
Needing to dig for previously frequently used options. Putting wipers on the controls menu is asinine.
I'd like the main screen to remind me which profile I was using rather than it be buried under controls - especially when it keeps picking my wife's profile.

Really don't like having TPMS and trips buried in the services menu.

Overall, more likes than dislikes

I hate it. I hate it so much.

The last version was elegant. This makes me feel like I’m using a crappy old phone.
I hear you, I like some things, but dislike other things. I suspect some things will come back in the next update.

Because there really was no need to hide the driver profile display and selector up top… after all the space isn’t used for something else! (my biggest gripe)

If they are allowing more things to be customized, I wish more functions could be added to the top and bottom status bar, so you could get the “old“ look back if you wanted.

I hear you, I like some things, but dislike other things. I suspect some things will come back in the next update.

Because there really was no need to hide the driver profile display and selector up top… after all the space isn’t used for something else! (my biggest gripe)

If they are allowing more things to be customized, I wish more functions could be added to the top and bottom status bar, so you could get the “old“ look back if you wanted.
Nothing came back after the last holiday update, nothing is probably coming back after this one. Tesla does not tend to back down on design changes.

Reactions: K5TRX and lensovet
I hate when that happens. My wife is 4'11" and I'm 6' so when it selects her profile, I get crammed into the steering wheel 😂
I'm 6'2" and my wife is 4'10* so I feel l your pain. When I get in and the car suddenly detects my wife's phone first, it's like that trash compactor scene in Star Wars. I was able to quickly tap the profile setting quickly to stop from being smooshed. Now I have to go into menus to do the same thing. I will have to practice so I learn some muscle memory to change profiles under pressure. 😁

I'm 6'2" and my wife is 4'10* so I feel l your pain. When I get in and the car suddenly detects my wife's phone first, it's like that trash compactor scene in Star Wars. I was able to quickly tap the profile setting quickly to stop from being smooshed. Now I have to go into menus to do the same thing. I will have to practice so I learn some muscle memory to change profiles under pressure. 😁
1640412775448.png

When I get in and the car suddenly detects my wife's phone first, it's like that trash compactor scene in Star Wars. I was able to quickly tap the profile setting quickly to stop from being smooshed. Now I have to go into menus to do the same thing. I will have to practice so I learn some muscle memory to change profiles under pressure. 😁

Tap one of the seat adjustment knobs to quickly stop the trash compactor.
Then you have more time to switch to the right profile.

This seems to happen less often lately. Is the car doing better at guessing which profile to select?

Reactions: israndy
Can't you just have it not load a driver profile based on phone, and just load it manually every time? Or is that no longer an option? I am not on a recent firmware.
Yes but that kind of defeats the purpose of the driver profile linked to phone.

And normally it works fine. But if you travel in a car with someone else with phone-as-key (like your spouse), it sometimes picks the “wrong key” and selects your spouses driver profile. It happens at least once a week for me.

Normally it is not a big deal to correct, just select your driver profile. But now that is hidden one or two level down in the menus.