Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humming while parking in garage on a new Model Y. Is this sound normal(video attached)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model Y last week. I noticed some noise when the vehicle is parked in garage. It was like humming sound and sometime I can hear fan was running. I have turned off the climate and cabin overheat protection. I was not charging my car. I wonder if the sound is normal or not.
The noise lasted for couple of hours after I drove the car back and parked in garage. It stopped before I went to bed and is good when I checked it up this morning.

The playlist of the videos I recorded for the noise:

I picked up my model Y last week. I noticed some noise when the vehicle is parked in garage. It was like humming sound and sometime I can hear fan was running. I have turned off the climate and cabin overheat protection. I was not charging my car. I wonder if the sound is normal or not.
The noise lasted for couple of hours after I drove the car back and parked in garage. It stopped before I went to bed and is good when I checked it up this morning.

This is link to the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL42MGZRDMjMhNwivMd2RkNZanZ7-GWWsi

Sounds normal to me. You will notice the humming lasting longer in extreme temperatures and longer drives.
Thanks. What is
The climate control circulation fan will continue to run to dry out the HVAC filter box. It keeps mildew from growing in there.

The car will also occasionally turn on the ac compressor (or heat) and the fluid pumps to condition the battery if it is too hot or cold.

Thank you for you reply. Then I can understand why fan is running. But what is the humming sound.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung

Yes same noise is normal. Mine was loud then that, I took it to Tesla for another reason and they replaced one of the ac mounts.

Mine is doing this non stop. Did you figure out a fix?

If you have one of the new 2021 Model Ys, check out these threads: