Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

loud sound accompany by a jolt while backing out of garage... video clip.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is the sound from the outside, I was able to replicate this issue this morning. This usually happens when the car is cold(parked overnight) and I back it out of the garage. Sound is coming from the from right suspension I think. From the outside, it sounds like a clicking sound and I can feel a jolt. A few times I startled because I thought I hit something. Any idea what this is? I schedule an appt with Tesla and came back with $188 diagnostic fee. WTF!? The car is barely a year old and I feel something catastrophic could happen if I don't take care of this.

I'm not sure how Tesla does it but my Mazda dealer also charged diagnostic fees which were included in the final repair bill. If the issue is covered under warranty then customer pays nothing in the end.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Tesla does it but my Mazda dealer also charged diagnostic fees which were included in the final repair bill. If the issue is covered under warranty then customer pays nothing in the end.
I've owned mostly Toyota's and a BMW prior. Never had to pay any diagnostic fees. They were covered under warranty. My fear is they might come back and say, "well, I don't see anything wrong", so pay up. But I know something is wrong.