Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humor: Stuff that gets Returned to Home Depot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
I was at the store today to return an unused garden hose and saw that the clerk had multiple bins behind her to aid inventory restocking: 'back of store,' 'front of store,' etc. Makes sense. Nice efficiency, Home Depot.

Then I saw a Reese's candy bar in the 'front of store' bin. You know, the peanut butter cups. Nicely wrapped, ready for the next customer. I had to admit that the original customer probably was right: if bought at Home Depot, it can be returned to Home Depot. But then I wondered what the customer said when asked the reason for the return.
  • "It didn't fit"
  • "I got home and realized I already had one"
  • "It was the wrong color"
  • "It's broken"
  • "My wife thinks it is ugly"
  • "Wrong connection"

• Funny
Reactions: Sprandt23
The company I work for supplies the big box home hardware companies. I am in these stores constantly dealing with things. When I say they return everything, I am not kidding. I wouldn't even think twice, seeing a candy bar returned.
I have seen product of mine, an exclusive product to another retailer, that we haven't produced in 15 years returned, that clearly had been stored outside for that entire time.