TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Humor: Stuff that gets Returned to Home Depot

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SageBrush, May 31, 2018.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

I was at the store today to return an unused garden hose and saw that the clerk had multiple bins behind her to aid inventory restocking: 'back of store,' 'front of store,' etc. Makes sense. Nice efficiency, Home Depot.

Then I saw a Reese's candy bar in the 'front of store' bin. You know, the peanut butter cups. Nicely wrapped, ready for the next customer. I had to admit that the original customer probably was right: if bought at Home Depot, it can be returned to Home Depot. But then I wondered what the customer said when asked the reason for the return.
    • "It didn't fit"
    • "I got home and realized I already had one"
    • "It was the wrong color"
    • "It's broken"
    • "My wife thinks it is ugly"
    • "Wrong connection"

• Funny x 1
  2. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Re-member

Defective. Wrong flavor. Too big/too small. Not compatible with my system. Wrong voltage. Incorrect gauge. Color didn't match. Appears to be in used condition.

• Like x 1
  3. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

:)

4. bakerboy

bakerboy Member

"I forgot about my peanut allergy"

5. bariiings

bariiings Member

The company I work for supplies the big box home hardware companies. I am in these stores constantly dealing with things. When I say they return everything, I am not kidding. I wouldn't even think twice, seeing a candy bar returned.
    I have seen product of mine, an exclusive product to another retailer, that we haven't produced in 15 years returned, that clearly had been stored outside for that entire time.

6. daniel

daniel Active Member

If I bought a candy bar and it appeared to be in used condition, you bet your booties I'd return it!