Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Air Re-circulation setting changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to keep the air re circulation setting on all the time? I turn it on, but I'll discover later in the same drive or on subsequent drives, the it turns off again. I haven't been able to determine if there's a pattern or reason why it turns off. I've already tried "saving" it to my driver profile, but I don't think that is one of the settings that get saved, because I don't see a "saved" flash on the profile name when I toggle it on/off, whereas it does show "saved" when I make changes to where the vents point.

The recirculate setting always stayed on when I had my X, but I'm constantly having to go back in to turn it back on in the 3 and it's annoying. You'd think the programming for the basic functionality features would be the same across all the cars.

I left recirculation on all the time in my X and I'd like that functionality back in the 3. I didn't want outside smells coming into the cabin, and it also makes the fan stronger and air cooler. I'm in Hawaii, so, low temps are not really an issue, and I rarely had problems with fogging up the windows.

I’m in a rainy place and yes the windows fog up. Clean windshield helps a lot. Also turn on the AC to dehumidify the car. If it fogs a lot I use the defroster, no way around it. I’m still able to get about 270Wh/mi though. Not giving up the car!