Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Blower Access/Cleaning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tldr: mice did some things in my HVAC system and it is super loud now. I need to access more of the system than just the filters to clean it, but how?

I had some mice in my car previously and the chewed some of the sound insulation. This got in the HVAC system and the blower was very loud at high speeds. The SC cleaned it all out for me and all was well. However, I am 3 hours from the SC and it cost $500.

This happened again (yes, I have a snap trap in the glovebox, but I am not always on top of it). It is loud enough to set off sentry mode if I remote start the A/C!! Is there anything I could reasonably do myself to get at the blower motor? I have the filters out and I will change those, but it is still loud, even without filters. If I remove the center console can I get to the blower? I am willing to take some things apart, but I am not going to go full-on Rich Rebuilds on it. I just want to know what one can reasonably get to.

Thanks!

My solution to the problem of mice and rats eating the insulation on my cars' wiring was to just leave the cars parked outside in cold weather, rather than putting them in a warmer garage. I never had a problem with mice getting into my cars except in colder weather. They were seeking out the warmth from the engine, nesting there. Leaving my cars out in the cold seems to have taken care of the issue. Now, if I could only keep them out of the house in cold weather.

My solution to the problem of mice and rats eating the insulation on my cars' wiring was to just leave the cars parked outside in cold weather, rather than putting them in a warmer garage. I never had a problem with mice getting into my cars except in colder weather. They were seeking out the warmth from the engine, nesting there. Leaving my cars out in the cold seems to have taken care of the issue. Now, if I could only keep them out of the house in cold weather.
The car is already outside all of the time. I have a lot of traps around and just need to keep on top of it, but my immediate problem is trying to get inside the HVAC to get it cleaned out...