Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC + Cabin camera + live feed = Perfect baby cam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure what the purpose of the cabin camera is, since it doesn't appear to be set up in a way to be able to see the steering wheel. Possibly for eye\attentiveness tracking?

I did think of one thing that would potentially be perfect for it though. There were plenty of times when my toddler was a baby that she would fall asleep in the car and we wouldn't want to move her into the house for risk of waking her up (and likely not going back to sleep). There were plenty of times we just left her in the car in the garage (car off, of course) and stuck a baby monitor in there. Sometimes it was a bit warm or cold in there though so it wasn't ideal. The Tesla with it's electric HVAC, cabin camera focused on what seems like the back seat, and the ability to potentially stream that to the app seems like it would make for a perfect combo for keeping a sleeping baby in the car instead of disturbing their sleep.

Reactions: T-Will
It's a valid question, but a touchy subject for many parents. I like the idea of being able to turn on the camera when you leave the car so it monitors things while you're not there, either for a child or just for security concerns.

To answer your question, no one know for sure what the camera is for. Most speculate that it's for when the car is used as an autonomy taxi service so it keeps an eye on the occupants.