Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all,
Is there a way to disable the hvac from automatically turning on when i open the app(tap or swipe up). Commonly i want to turn on or off a seat heater ( i use the back ones a lot with the kids) and when i open the app it automatically turns on the hvac system, an unwanted action, i just want to adj a seat heater.

thanks,
Roger

2021MYLR

I always have to press the fan or open climate page and press On to start climate. This is the same as it was in V11, and I've never had it turn oon climate automatically. I'm using Android app 4.4.2-828.
Sorry, irrelevant response I was confused by the use of "app" for the onboard HVAC control. This is one of the drawbacks a lot of us have been complaining about, together with the I ability to even see current seat heater settings without opening the climate page. V10 worked the same way - if climate was off (fan image dimmed) then tapping it would turn on the system. The difference was that you didn't have to do that to access seat heater controls before. I haven't tried tapping the arrow beside temp to open mini-card with seat heater control, would that work?

Upvote 0
On the mobile Tesla App, when I go to climate 'page' and turn on seat warmer, the climate or fan starts to blow automatically. That doesn't happen to you?
Yes it does (can't remember if it was the same with V10 because I typically want cabin heat at the same time anyway). However, if I select seat heat and then turn climate off, the seat heater seems to stay on by itself. I had a weird experience the other day - turned on climate but there was no bacon image shown on the seat and I could not turn them on at all!

Upvote 0
Yes it does (can't remember if it was the same with V10 because I typically want cabin heat at the same time anyway). However, if I select seat heat and then turn climate off, the seat heater seems to stay on by itself. I had a weird experience the other day - turned on climate but there was no bacon image shown on the seat and I could not turn them on at all!
That's not how it was on v10. That's one of the main complaints of not being able to independently operate those two functions. Not sure why Tesla thought there is a dependency there. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Upvote 0
That's not how it was on v10. That's one of the main complaints of not being able to independently operate those two functions. Not sure why Tesla thought there is a dependency there. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I certainly support the pushback for separating climate and seat heater controls. The current configuration does not work for all operating environments. For clarity, when I said I wanted both on at the same time, I meant when controlling them from the app. Sometimes I turn on cabin heating without seat heaters from the app, but never the other way around. My experience with auto seat heaters in combination with the way I operate the climate system while I'm driving has been completely unsatisfactory.

Upvote 0
Again for clarity, this comment refers to controls from the phone app, not the onboard display.

Upvote 0