Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC Fan Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MBMTBlog

Oct 9, 2022
RI
in my 2018 Model S---for some reason my HVAC fan control disappeared from my right steering wheel dial so I can no longer control the fan speed from the steering wheel-- wondering if this is a problem with anyone else or if anyone knows how to fix

in my 2018 Model S---for some reason my HVAC fan control disappeared from my right steering wheel dial so I can no longer control the fan speed from the steering wheel-- wondering if this is a problem with anyone else or if anyone knows how to fix
Have you held down the right button until choices come up? Are you saying Fan speed is no longer an option?

This happened to me and others also with a recent software update. Press and hold gives only display choices, not button function choices.
When I use the right scroll wheel it gives an error that the phone isn't connected. I never connect a phone, so whatever it's supposed to do now is of no use for me.
Having to fiddle with the display to change the fan speed is dangerous. I have to look down to hit the right button, and keep looking to stay on it. Bad idea! I prefer to look at the road ahead. Keeps me from banging into things.
I want my fan speed control back!
Maybe Tesla will change this back or better give us a choice.