Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HVAC fresh air intake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the weather getting cooler here in the Northeast US my windshield is beginning to fog up from the temperature variance between inside and outside the car. I either have to open the windows or run the HVAC to pull out the moisture.

But then I got to wondering, can I get the HVAC to blow in fresh ambient air? If so, how do I do this without triggering the heater. There is a toggle to turn off the AC compressor but I can't figure out how to stop the heater (I have a 2020 M3 LR).

With the mild temperatures of the past month here in New England I found that I could increase my range slightly by making sure the AC and/or heat were off, that the HVAC system in the car wasn't on Auto and then turned just the fan on and set it to draw in outside air rather than recycle the cabin's air. The car stayed comfortable, I got a few more miles of range out of a regularly travelled route and had no issues with fogging on the inside of the windshield.