Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HWC and Charge Port Door - V.9 bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a pretty minor issue, but until recently if I pushed the button on the home wall charger it would open the charge port door (LR, RWD TM3). It no longer works, and it seems like it correlated pretty tightly with the update to V.9.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and does Tesla have any official way to submit bug reports? I read somewhere on this forum that you can submit via the voice command. Is that still in effect (seems like an odd mechanism)?

Voice command ‘bug report’ is supposed to work. I’ve heard at times it didn’t but recently heard it did again.

You might email [email protected] perhaps.

I’ll try this out in the AM and be sure it works as we just got v9 tonight. But there have been so many people with v9 I’m sure it’s not a general bug. Erik and David, for example, have a 3 and HPWCs.

I’d try rebooting for the heck of it. I do know it always seems to take a few seconds to open the door, much longer than on my X (that’s on v8.1 of course on the 3 that it takes longer....).