Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hyperbaric Chamber Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
How cool would it be if the Model S and X had a hyperbaric feature? I think a lot of people would buy that option (assuming the cost was reasonable). Is this something that’s possible, especially with bioweapon defense mode? I’m surprised Elon didn’t think of this yet.

I would feel silly buying a dedicated hyperbaric chamber for home, but if my car had it, I would use it all the time.

On a side note, does bioweapon defense mode block-out all outside air and only recirculate, or does it still bring-in fresh air? If the former, wouldn’t you eventually run out of oxygen?

Reactions: Graffi
How often have you come out of the water after skin diving and felt those little (or not so little) pin pricks in your elbows and other joints? With the hyperbaric option you could fix those right up by just driving home.
That must be it.

When I picked up my car in Denver, it still thought it was in Fremont so for the first couple hundred miles driving SW the car went into the Pacific ocean. All was fine in the cabin though when we were swept up to 9000 feet so perhaps the car has the hyperbaric option in sleuth mode.

I suppose the other less exciting idea of OP was for obese people with OSA. I don't think he knows how much positive pressure CPAP requires and the required airflow in the leaky car cabin.

This gives me an idea: In a couple of weeks when we leave for our 2+ week coast to coast trip driving east on I-70 we can use Bio-Defense mode when going through the high altitudes of the Rockies.

However, I believe it would be more practical to just pass around an O2 bottle for occasional hits by the driver and passengers than to try to increase the O2 levels in the car.

As was stated above, the Bio-Defense mode pulls in outside air passed through the filter at high speed so as to increase inside air pressure to keep any outside air from entering the car without going through the filter.

I'm holding out for the built in blood letting option in future firmwares. One can never let out too much blood to cleanse oneself of the consumption, melancholy or the unholy vapours.