Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am currently driving a SR+, can I downgrade to SR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ON Tesla's blog, An Update to Our Vehicle Lineup

It states --

Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.

I can live without heated seats, just (pre-heat the car to 65 degrees in winter) live traffic (we don't have it now), and music streaming (again, don't have it now).

If Tesla allows for downgrade on already delivered SR+, my fellow SR+ owners, would you do it?

It states --

Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.

I can live without heated seats, just (pre-heat the car to 65 degrees in winter) live traffic (we don't have it now), and music streaming (again, don't have it now).

If Tesla allows for downgrade on already delivered SR+, my fellow SR+ owners, would you do it?

If the only difference between SR and SR+ is heated seats and 10% range, yes i would. I would just charge to 100% instead of 90% that i currently charge to. Now if they upgrade all of our SR+'s to include internet streaming and live traffic it might be more compelling to stay SR+. The heated seats is nice, but not worth the price difference IMHO when you can pre-heat the car.

It states --

I have become accustomed to like the driver profiles.
The reason I bought SR+ is for heated seats and faster 0-60 time.
If I can return the two thing I don't have-streaming music and live traffic, upgraded audio, and extra 20 mile range for partial refund, I would.
But I need 5.3 sec, driver seat profile, and heated seats.

Come on....
Heated seats should be standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
SR is only available off-menu. No longer standard order. Think of it like A/C delete on competition Porsches.
Any new buyer should aim to get SR instead of SR+ unless heated seats is really that much of an inconvenience.

The SR has
1. Same interior
2. Same Battery (90% charging everyday vs 80% charging for SR+ owner)

Trying to find out if Tesla allows us to downgrade, unless Tesla offers more incentive, I'm downgrading.

For what it's worth ...

I called both the main Tesla Sales line and also spoke to a Sales Associate at my nearest Tesla store, and neither of them knew how to process the downgrade. They were not given any instructions to do so. The associate told me to try back on Monday.

I am shocked and surprised Tesla didn't prepare them better! Oh wait, never mind.

It states --

You must be a idiot . Why would Tesla do that you already bought your car

I'm going to wait a few days for the full details, but at this rate it is pointless for me to keep the SR+. I barely thought it was worth it before and now it's definitely not seeing as I live in South Florida, I would use heated seats once, if not twice a year. I work and school within 20 miles of home, so that 20 miles extra range ain't doing much. I might be an outlier, but a this rate I would for sure take back my 2,000 dollars and throw it at Auto pilot.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I'm expecting the worst here, Tesla doesn't have to do anything for us, we signed the agreement to buy the car at the stated price.
But man, it sure will make a lot of us feel better. Now I know how the pre-February price reduction buyers felt. haha.

I'm expecting the worst here, Tesla doesn't have to do anything for us, we signed the agreement to buy the car at the stated price.
But man, it sure will make a lot of us feel better. Now I know how the pre-February price reduction buyers felt. haha.

Nah imagine how the Model S buyer who paid 125K and didn’t even get parking sensors feel. Forget HW3.. parking sensors that come on 20K cars.

They lost more than the all in purchase price of your car more than twice over.

You're going to downgrade for what? If the price difference matters that much you should've just got SR to begin with in my opinion. You mentioned winter, and heated seats is a god send for that. Yeah you can heat the car but that drains the battery, heated seats is more efficient at heating you and uses way less energy. With your range you'd want to use the car as efficiently as possible in colder climates. And the difference isn't just heated seats. Less speakers, slower 0-60, less range etc.

You're going to downgrade for what? If the price difference matters that much you should've just got SR to begin with in my opinion. You mentioned winter, and heated seats is a god send for that. Yeah you can heat the car but that drains the battery, heated seats is more efficient at heating you and uses way less energy. With your range you'd want to use the car as efficiently as possible in colder climates.
The partial premium power seats could be important to some people.
They could feel power seats are equivalent to power windows and door locks. And manual seats are like manual windows and manual locks.

And in Florida, you don't need heated seats.

We have to have open mind about people choosing different options when buying a car.

SR was advertised to have manual cloth seats and that could have been a major turn off for some people.

Now SR come with power seats with leatherette material.