Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I appreciate the TMC people

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, @spacepod,

IMHO, a very large fraction of TMC members started out as fans or future owners before becoming owners. For many of us, it was a way to maintain the appearance of self-control while waiting for our vehicles to be delivered. There are people on here who waited for YEARS, not just 2 years like for a Model 3 but 4 or 5 years. Me... maybe two months between finding TMC and joining and another two months between ordering and receiving. And talk about drinking from a firehose! Wow, the stuff I've learned here.

Alan

Yes, it's a good way to stave off my burning desire for a Model 3. My credit won't support it, but I'll rebuild that while I make payments on my fairly cool 2018 LEAF, but man it's no Tesla!

Some of those wait times are crazy! I applaud those who had the foresight and patience to wait it out.I'm learning a lot here already. I had to look up FUD though, hehe.

I'm new here, but I really like how active this forum is and the people seem friendly (just from the posts I've read). I've been on a bunch of forums myself, and one of the worst was a national smart car forum. The people there were not too friendly (with exceptions) and the mods were terrible (overly restrictive, interfering in civilized adult conversation). Mods can really make or break a forum, and I say that as an experienced Super Moderator myself (on other forums).

I don't even have a Model 3 yet (the object of my desire) but I do have a 2018 LEAF S which some of us jokingly call the Teslight or TesLEAF. :) Either way, this is my first EV (used) and I got a good deal on it as I rebuild my credit. I hope to be in a Model 3 within about a year. :D

Great to be here. Glad people don't seem to mind us Tesla fans or future owners. ;)

Welcome to the forum, Spacep0d. You don't have to own a Tesla to fit in here. Just being interested is enough.

Yes, it's a good way to stave off my burning desire for a Model 3. My credit won't support it, but I'll rebuild that while I make payments on my fairly cool 2018 LEAF, but man it's no Tesla!

Some of those wait times are crazy! I applaud those who had the foresight and patience to wait it out.I'm learning a lot here already. I had to look up FUD though, hehe.

My first EV was one of the worst-built and worst-designed cars ever. And I loved it! Three wheels and a top speed of 35 mph on level ground. Faster going downhill and slower going uphill. Back then I'd have been so envious of your Leaf. If Leaf had existed back then. ;)

Hi, @woddisgood,

I hope you are continuing to enjoy your Tesla!

While I recognize that there are rich, entitled folks in many places, maybe I've missed those folks here on TMC. Or maybe it's bias on my part, as I guess some people would put me in an uncomfortable category based on me being on my 4th Tesla. You certainly can find wealthy people on this forum, if you pay attention and read between the lines. But I've just never seen entitled behavior here. I've definitely seen reactions like this: "you're complaining too much, you should just get rid of your Tesla and go buy an ICE"... a reaction that I'm not in favor of. But the entitlement... no. If anything, it seems like I repeatedly encounter sentiments of gratitude and appreciation about one's place.

I see lots and lots of people pitching in to help each other. I see long, detailed analyses and debates. Yes, I also see some dismissiveness and snippiness. But ultimately, for me, this community is one of the rewards of being interested in and involved with Tesla.

Besides thanking the community and the moderators, I would also give a shout-out to the co-founders of TMC who, last time I checked, still couldn't afford to buy Teslas for themselves. They have been working their asses off for this site since the dawn of time. This site is a labor of love, not a labor of return-on-investment. I encourage people to click the Support TMC button!(*)

Alan

(*)I am not affiliated with TMC, I don't get gifts or dollars or benefits from TMC. I've been a member of TMC for some years. I *do* have involvement with an environmental group that raffles off Teslas (five so far, plus two more partials) and we *do* advertise on TMC during our raffles and we *do* have discussion threads that go on during the raffles. I say this in case you might feel that I'm horribly biased when I have the temerity to encourage people to Support TMC. Oh, and I myself am a TMC Supporter.

@Pollux
You may have misread my post. I was saying that the poor behavior that might be found amongst a minority of owners in the real world is notably absent on the forums.

Why do you ask? ;)

Just curious. Wondering if he did it the same place I did.

Love the avatar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The spotted dolphins off of Bimini Island (... If you come to play in Bimini, you'll want to stay in Bimini, down in Bimini by the sea...) are very playful. If you freedive among them, sometimes you'll end up ascending at the same time as them, and sometimes they'll include you in the "dance" of circling around each other as they ascent. That's me in the picture. When that happens it is soooooooo special!

Reactions: whatthe2
Just curious. Wondering if he did it the same place I did.

Love the avatar.

Thanks. The spotted dolphins off of Bimini Island (... If you come to play in Bimini, you'll want to stay in Bimini, down in Bimini by the sea...) are very playful. If you freedive among them, sometimes you'll end up ascending at the same time as them, and sometimes they'll include you in the "dance" of circling around each other as they ascent. That's me in the picture. When that happens it is soooooooo special![/QUOTE]
Awesome, looks great. Will add it to my list of places to visit.

Welcome to the forum, Spacep0d. You don't have to own a Tesla to fit in here. Just being interested is enough.

Thanks Daniel. My name is Dan too. :)

My first EV was one of the worst-built and worst-designed cars ever. And I loved it! Three wheels and a top speed of 35 mph on level ground. Faster going downhill and slower going uphill. Back then I'd have been so envious of your Leaf. If Leaf had existed back then. ;)

Ah, interesting! Yeah the LEAF is a lot of fun and I like it. It handles my commute fine, even with my assertive driving. I also made it look better than stock. Here's a picture (new wheels coming).

R4aiZEn.jpg

0ASyIBJ.jpg