Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I fixed my yoke signals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it looks like crap and a bit embarrassing to do this for such an expensive car, but it fixed all my issues and now i can 100% consistently activate my signals even without looking. they are stickers from ikea cabinet bumpers (not the bumpers themselves but the remnants).

PXL_20221003_153632614.MP.jpg

it looks like crap and a bit embarrassing to do this for such an expensive car, but it fixed all my issues and now i can 100% consistently activate my signals even without looking. they are stickers from ikea cabinet bumpers (not the bumpers themselves but the remnants).

View attachment 859551
There’s a better (looking) way to accomplish!
D6B4B981-1D99-4FF7-A16A-73528FD0C881.jpeg

Reactions: bmah and MitchMitch
Then they are all the same again! 😊 I want to find button without looking in a pinch.

They're not the same, they're in different positions and your fingers will feel for them in different places. Presumably you know approximately where each of the buttons are and this helps you find them pressure point exactly.

Anyway...do whatever works the best for you...I think anything's better than not having any tactile cue at all.

Bruce.

They're not the same, they're in different positions and your fingers will feel for them in different places. Presumably you know approximately where each of the buttons are and this helps you find them pressure point exactly.

Anyway...do whatever works the best for you...I think anything's better than not having any tactile cue at all.

Bruce.
i tried using bumps but they didn't work that well. i had to press them really hard for them to fire. the holes however work flawlessly for me.

maybe your bumps were more special than mine?

• Funny
Reactions: henderrj
When I first got my Tesla I was ambivalent about the yoke. Its fine for a sedan, but I felt that it wouldn't be preferable on either the cybertruck or the roadster on the track. After getting FSD, I understand the vision

. I think I would be frustrated constantly having to look around the top of a round steering wheel to see the dashboard. I will get the yoke on my next Tesla if it is an option.

However, can we PLEASE redo the buttons into a more natural configuration?????
I feel that generations of muscle memory require the horn to be in the middle.
Several times I have hit the middle in a panic situation only to find silence.
Despite 2 years of driving the yoke, I still have to think about which blinker is on the top. Silly!!
And if the yoke is turned upside down its almost impossible to figure out which blinker is correct.

At a MINIMUM, can we have this configuration?

yoke.jpg

Reactions: preilly44
i actually often drive with my left hand only, so i prefer having both the signals on the left side. i must admit i still sometimes hit the wrong one, but it's pretty rare. i really wish they were true tactile pressable buttons --- maybe even a little tiny nub or something i could flip to the left for signal left and right for signal right. i find it difficult changing multiple lanes in succession and getting the signal on/off dance correct and in concert with the car's automatic canceling of signals which is cool.

big +1 on the horn. like seriously guys.