Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got my Model X PPF & Coated!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats its one of the best investment you can do to protect your vehicle!

Just curious as to how these coats/wraps etc are a good investment. I have a 2016 Model S I purchased new. Now it has 160,000 km and the paint still looks great and I haven't done anything to it. In a couple of years I'll be at 250,000 km and the car will be worth maybe $25,000 and the paint will probably be okay. If I wrapped or coated it or whatever paint might be a bit better but the car would still have 250,000 km and be 6 years old. No way you are getting your investment back whatsoever.

I don’t look at my ppf on my car as an investment honestly. I look at it as piece of mind. A friend of mine did not wrap and has a lot of chips on the front of his car. It’s more for you personally to help enjoy the car more i think. And know that when you hear a clack on your hood, most likely it did not damage your vehicle. Also people that drive a ton of highway, and have a black car, they are the most to benefit from avoiding those chips in the paint.

After a few years of highway driving, your hood looks speckled instead of a nice solid black.

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
Just curious as to how these coats/wraps etc are a good investment. I have a 2016 Model S I purchased new. Now it has 160,000 km and the paint still looks great and I haven't done anything to it. In a couple of years I'll be at 250,000 km and the car will be worth maybe $25,000 and the paint will probably be okay. If I wrapped or coated it or whatever paint might be a bit better but the car would still have 250,000 km and be 6 years old. No way you are getting your investment back whatsoever.

Actually depends on how you look at it really. There's many ways it can return some or all of your investment over the years of ownership depending on how you care for the vehicle. Some examples are if doing a full coverage you'd never need to polish the vehicle again which will save you from yearly or bi yearly polishing, be it money or time and equipment if doing it yourself, can also prevent damage from parking lot bumps and scrapes or a shopping cart from doing damage on down to someone trying to key the car which would only scratch the film likely preventing a paint claim and a decreased resale value. from there if lets say you sold the vehicle 5-8 years down the road there's still a warranty on the film for many years as it has a ten year warranty that's transferable. This should lead to an increased resale value as it should look like new. On top of the financial returns one could construe that an emotional return is worth it to most and having a car that looks good at all times with very limited maintenance to keep it that way is also a great feeling. So in short clear bra should have a return on investment in near all situations =)

It really depends. I look at my car as an asset and want to protect it. (Of course also a mean of transportation as well)
I would like to maintain it to brand new level after years of driving as well. I just can't stand having stone chips on the cars and scratches/swirls on my vehicle. It is really up to ones personality though.
I am a little bit of freak when it comes to maintaining my vehicles (not just me, there are many others out there just like me trust me)

I rather get the work done properly when the car is brand new, then getting it done months later where there are damages already on panels which costs me more to repair at the end.
If you really don't care about those little chips or paint defects, then you are lucky. No need to spend $$ on the paint protection!
Your standard of good looking paint and my standard would be quite different!

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
After weeks of shopping around, I finally got it done!
Could not be happier with the result!
The beading and sheeting is just insane, and I tested the self healing on PPF (amazing)

The shop owner gave me great deal as he is a huge fan of Tesla.
I love the slickness on the paint!!

View attachment 520463

I look again. I thought it was model S.
Model x.
I am getting same ms colour.

I got my car PPF and coated at the same place as Tommy (based on his recommendation) and I have not regretted the decision.

Their attention to detail for their work is one thing, but their customer service is on a whole new level.

84A7237B-0D28-4785-9752-3E1E0C31E5AD.jpeg
50FCCBBC-552D-467E-82E0-61D237B18B89.jpeg

Anyone tries to do ceramic on 3m matte wrap? I heard it’s pretty easy to DIY as no paint correction needed.

I have done it myself before on my previous 370Z. It was a disaster.
You have to wipe out perfectly or it will leave stain like stripes on the Matte wrapping.
I rather have professionals do it and I assume it should be cheaper as no correction needed.
Just my 2 cents!

I have done it myself before on my previous 370Z. It was a disaster.
You have to wipe out perfectly or it will leave stain like stripes on the Matte wrapping.
I rather have professionals do it and I assume it should be cheaper as no correction needed.
Just my 2 cents!

Tommy

You are right.. may be to apply is easy enough.
But to clean and prepare before application is hard.

May be doing inside is easier.