Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I got the call! Late August delivery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AlternateFlux

Former Vendor
Jun 29, 2019
UK
Ordered early June (lease via Drive Electric), received a call mid morning yesterday from Tesla to tell me they are expecting delivery to be mid to late August.

I was penciled in for Heathrow but they've confirmed that Birmingham is possible.

So from June to August for a brand new car, built and shipped from the US... I'd call that pretty good going.

(I think with a bit of clearer, more frequent information - perhaps just a bit of messaging through the website account every now and then - the service would have been marked as exceptional.

It's only the sense of the unknown that's made it feel worse than it is).

We'll see in August I guess! ;)

That's good to hear. Quite a few people on this forum are reporting Tesla staff as saying this fairly consistently.

It sounds as though mid to late August and early September for the next large wave of deliveries. Good info.

I completely agree with your comments about the delivery experience and the website.

Reactions: 1 person
I can see a great chunk of Triumph Ace suddenly immediately becoming inventory on landing, and I for one am thrilled!

Not sure, I think the people who got a delivery date will get black as standard and at a lower price. People who don't have a vin assigned yet are probably not on the boat, so the color wont matter as they will be built to the correct color.

Vin appeared in source code a couple of days ago. I had the call today, they said August but wouldn’t say when exactly. I asked if he thought my car was on a boat currently and he said it must be as they’re assigning final details to my account (whatever that means). I asked about price corrections on my account (because of the price changes since ordering) and he said ignore any paper work as it’s all about to get sorted over the next few days. When I next logged in to my account I saw 2 credit notes and an additional order agreement (so 2 of them in total now).

Model 3 P+ Silver, black interior, no FSD, cash, no trade in, Birmingham pickup.

Reserved June 2018, ordered May this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I ‘had the call’ today too. In summary, my order is not on the ship due early august (“that’s mainly reservation holders”) but they’re expecting another ship late august and delivery would be “sometime in September” (couldn’t be more specific).

I was pretty much expecting that, my order is 6000 and I ordered on 1 July (standard rage, blue, no other extras)

Are they still delivering as we speak or all deliveries are now over? July delivery gone :(
If so when can we expect the next batch? (next ship early August, delivery mid-end August?)
My school holiday trip won’t be in my Tesla :( won’t be using those 5000 miles free supercharging :(
But for sure I will enjoy this bloody car when it’s there :)