Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I had a positive delivery experience today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our off-menu LR RWD was delivered at home in the SF bay area around 12:30pm today. Long story short, we are pleased.

Long story...
We had originally ordered an MR on 10/19 and switched to LR RWD on 11/16 when we thought perhaps the extra range of LR was worth the few thousand dollars more. Our Owner Advisor found a car manufactured that day (VIN around 150K) and matched it to our order. The config was LR RWD, black/black, 19" sport wheels.

The next morning, I called Fremont Delivery Center and scheduled a noon-2pm home delivery for today (11/20) so it would be easier to spot finish issues in bright daylight. Today, at around 11:50am, I got a call just as the delivery person was leaving Fremont. The car showed up on my app and I tracked the car during its 20 minute drive to my house.

I warned the delivery person that I was going to need an hour to go over my checklist. He was patient and professional. He never rushed and never made me feel uncomfortable. But after about 15-20 minutes of looking over carefully, I couldn't find anything wrong. So I proceeded to have him explain the car features, accessories, etc. and do the paperwork. I wrote him a personal check for the amount I owed Tesla and took pictures of the documents. I was not asked for my DL or insurance, I guess because I had uploaded all those when I placed the order. He summoned Uber after making sure I had nothing else for him to do and left.

I was quite nervous about the delivery because of several not-so-great delivery experiences posted by others on this forum and at forums.tesla.com. I had my expectations set low and was really not expecting things to go smooth. Fortunately, it was an excellent experience. I hope delivery goes just as well for all of you waiting for your car.

Our off-menu LR RWD was delivered at home in the SF bay area around 12:30pm today. Long story short, we are pleased.

Long story...
We had originally ordered an MR on 10/19 and switched to LR RWD on 11/16 when we thought perhaps the extra range of LR was worth the few thousand dollars more. Our Owner Advisor found a car manufactured that day (VIN around 150K) and matched it to our order. The config was LR RWD, black/black, 19" sport wheels.

The next morning, I called Fremont Delivery Center and scheduled a noon-2pm home delivery for today (11/20) so it would be easier to spot finish issues in bright daylight. Today, at around 11:50am, I got a call just as the delivery person was leaving Fremont. The car showed up on my app and I tracked the car during its 20 minute drive to my house.

I warned the delivery person that I was going to need an hour to go over my checklist. He was patient and professional. He never rushed and never made me feel uncomfortable. But after about 15-20 minutes of looking over carefully, I couldn't find anything wrong. So I proceeded to have him explain the car features, accessories, etc. and do the paperwork. I wrote him a personal check for the amount I owed Tesla and took pictures of the documents. I was not asked for my DL or insurance, I guess because I had uploaded all those when I placed the order. He summoned Uber after making sure I had nothing else for him to do and left.

I was quite nervous about the delivery because of several not-so-great delivery experiences posted by others on this forum and at forums.tesla.com. I had my expectations set low and was really not expecting things to go smooth. Fortunately, it was an excellent experience. I hope delivery goes just as well for all of you waiting for your car.
what is the number for fremont delivery center? I can't find it anywhere and need to check on status...