Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I had no idea insurance was so much!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another SoCal data point - $980/6 months for our P3D through Mercury. 1 house and 2 other cars. My wife recently got into a fender bender so that jacked up our rates. I will shop around starting with Geico. Been with Mercury forever and although happy with their service I always felt we could get cheaper coverage elsewhere.
SoCal Mercury is expensive to insure Tesla, I switched from Mercury to Ameriprise (Costco) and it dropped down to low 600.

I guess I should have done my research then instead of now although it would not have detoured me from buying the m3 long-range, auto pilot.

48yr old male no accidents or tickets with AAA $2300 per yr. More than 2x higher than my accord and 2x higher than my wifes 15' tahoe.

I did the online quote from costco/ameriprise insurance co and with progressive. Costco was $1700 and progressive $1300 ish but Im wondering if these are 1 yr enticement quotes and then they will really rise the following year.

What is everyone paying?
83 year old with Model 3P+ paying $700/year