TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I hate people that park in EV spaces!!!

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by pinguhk, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Moderator's Note: Thread title updated to fix minor typo

2. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk's Director of Education

EW3211 Not Charging at Hopewell

IMG-20150903-WA0007.jpg

3rd Sep 2015 1:26pm-2:39pm and ticking

Photo from SK1

3. lx3h

4. Editot

Editot Member

Happily I rarely run into problems - there seems to be growing understanding / acceptance of EV charging, or I've been incredibly lucky and others are reporting less than in the past. I hope I'm right...

5. icemankaka

icemankaka Member

more these days are ModelAss stalling up charging space...

6. jsiu

jsiu Member

Well, it would be equally important for us to behave ourvselves before blaming the ICE occupying the charging lots. Anyway, there are always out-liners within the EV community.

7. Titus

Titus Member

Wouldn't it be wonderful if our Teslas' keys have this new frequency code that can deactivate those retractable tire spikes or retractable pillars (used to guard entrances against potential truck bombs)? And parking lot operators install those at charging stations so that they only retract when a Tesla or EV is trying to park there LOL

And just out of curiosity, does the Tesla delivery briefing explain to new owners about charging manners? If not, then they should so that no one can claim ignorance.

8. lx3h

I hope Tesla sales do tell their customers, but my guess is, they don't but they should.

9. en-ev

en-ev Member

Two ICEs parked at Ma on Shan Center @19:30 on Sep 27. Called carpark office and they said the carpark was full and forced to allow them to park in EV spot. They shall improve the arrangement next time. Well, it is sometimes difficult to make a strong complaint in peak hours. Just to share...
    20150927_192705.jpg

10. lx3h

Park next to them and charge?

11. en-ev

en-ev Member

Although can charge w/parallel park, it blocks the main driveway.

12. en-ev

en-ev Member

First time to park Sai Kong Gov. building where it has more 32A charging spots last night. At least two 32A charging spots were blocked by ICEs. The staff encouraged me to squeeze into one tightly spot next to the Alphard. My lack of gut /skill told me to park somewhere else.
    20151001_192904.jpg

13. jsiu

jsiu Member

Hello en-ev, the car park management staff should at least put a notice on the wind screen of the ICE rather than do nothing. If situations deteriorate, the competent authorities to be approached are Transport Department and Government Property Agency.

14. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Can use one-stop-contact-point ev (at) epd.gov.hk. That is public and published here: Promotion of Electric Vehicles in Hong Kong | Environmental Protection Department

They will co-ordinate with the relevant departments.

15. en-ev

en-ev Member

@Jsiu
    Interesting that the staff said those EV charging spots are opened for both ICE and EV when I asked why no warning/notice were given to those ICEs blocking EV parking spot :confused:.
    @Markwj
    will share my experience with epd.gov.hk. Thanks!

16. icemankaka

icemankaka Member

btw, tesla changed the signs at hopewell to "60 minutes parking" instead of the old "vacate stall when charging complete". photos will follow.

17. en-ev

en-ev Member

To markwj, got reply to my charging experience @Sai Kung Gov. Office Carpark. Suggested improvement is taken, good the hear!
    2015-10-13EVSKO.png

18. lx3h

Thanks! en-ev! Great job!

19. Hkpkfan

Hkpkfan Member

great job!!