Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a delivery date but no SA (I don't think). Do I need one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from someone at Tesla the day after I ordered (a few weeks ago) to confirm a couple of details. He didn't give me any contact info.

I have my VIN and a delivery appointment for a week tomorrow. All done online.

I see many references to people communicating with their SA. Do I need to talk to anyone before I just show up and (I hope) pick up my shiny new MY? Paying cash, no trade-in, insurance arranged and posted online.

Thanks!

I see many references to people communicating with their SA. Do I need to talk to anyone before I just show up and (I hope) pick up my shiny new MY? Paying cash, no trade-in, insurance arranged and posted online.

I had a call from my SA just after I picked my delivery date - he had called to confirm what I would need to bring, the amount of the bank draft and was actually calling to set the date but had noticed I already had one. You'll likely get a call from someone the day before.

If you've done all the paperwork and have everything with you, then just show up!

Reactions: WhyYesPlease
I never got one. With the Touchless Delivery, the only issue I had was getting the app to work. I had to get the ID/PW for the Tesla Wi-Fi network to "accept" my car. So a rep from the SC came out and gave it to me. Once I was able to unlock the car, everything else was on me.

• Informative
I saw your name on the Teslike sheet and we actually have the same delivery date on the 19th (although I'm trying to postpone it until a week later but might not work out). Which Toronto location are you having your delivery? I assume you never went through a SA when you ordered your MY? I ordered mine online but went to a store for a test drove and was connected to a SA. However, I was the one who emailed him first to check up on vin #'s and the delivery date etc. If you feel like you'd prefer to have someone to talk to regarding your delivery you should reach out to the store and I'm sure they'll connect you with a SA. I also asked my SA a bunch of home charging and delivery questions so it definitely helps to have someone there to walk you through.

• Helpful
Which Toronto location are you having your delivery?

Lawrence/DVP

I assume you never went through a SA when you ordered your MY?

Correct. Launch browser, click, click, click, two minutes later I bought a car! :D

If you feel like you'd prefer to have someone to talk to regarding your delivery you should reach out to the store and I'm sure they'll connect you with a SA. I also asked my SA a bunch of home charging and delivery questions so it definitely helps to have someone there to walk you through.

Thanks for the suggestion. A good friend received his MY about six weeks ago (this is all his fault), and he has been very helpful. I've spent an unconscionable amount of time online, reading about charging, watching videos, etc., etc., and I've even done a practice delivery inspection, with my checklist, on my friend's MY. The electrician recommended by Tesla installed our 15-50 outlet in the garage a couple of days ago, so we're all set.

So I don't feel I need an SA. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an essential step in the process.

I ordered online on 8/1 and was wondering the same thing. The only person that I've spoken to was the "Tesla associate" when I did my test drive back in June. Other than that, it's been a solo journey for me.

Wow, you’re one of the longest waits I’ve seen so far. Now I don’t feel so bad about my 8/13. Did you get that automated text thing every 2 weeks or whatever at least?

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
Wow, you’re one of the longest waits I’ve seen so far. Now I don’t feel so bad about my 8/13. Did you get that automated text thing every 2 weeks or whatever at least?
Unfortunately, there are lots of us who ordered in July that still don't have VIN or Delivery schedule. My order date is 7/19. I have gotten the auto-text messages every other week. This week's was 1-2 weeks, but they still aren't going to make the 4-8 week window the website was suggesting as an expectation.

Unfortunately, there are lots of us who ordered in July that still don't have VIN or Delivery schedule. My order date is 7/19. I have gotten the auto-text messages every other week. This week's was 1-2 weeks, but they still aren't going to make the 4-8 week window the website was suggesting as an expectation.
Oh that's unfortunate. Guess I just didn't look hard enough. They really should be more transparent on the procedure. Seems to be more of a lottery than a waiting list.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
I got a call from someone at Tesla the day after I ordered (a few weeks ago) to confirm a couple of details. He didn't give me any contact info.

I have my VIN and a delivery appointment for a week tomorrow. All done online.

Thanks!

Nope, you don't need one, but save yourself potential trouble and call the store an hour or two before you plan to show up and have them double check with the VIN and your name that your car is ready for pickup, all the paperwork is ready, and they haven't given it to someone else...

• Helpful
Lawrence/DVP

Correct. Launch browser, click, click, click, two minutes later I bought a car! :D

Thanks for the suggestion. A good friend received his MY about six weeks ago (this is all his fault), and he has been very helpful. I've spent an unconscionable amount of time online, reading about charging, watching videos, etc., etc., and I've even done a practice delivery inspection, with my checklist, on my friend's MY. The electrician recommended by Tesla installed our 15-50 outlet in the garage a couple of days ago, so we're all set.

So I don't feel I need an SA. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an essential step in the process.

Oh I know exactly what you meant because I am pretty anxious about mine as well and have been spending many hours on the forum and on google researching on potential issues/problems. I'm having an electrician coming to my house tomorrow to install the outlet, I can't wait until delivery day!

I ordered online on 8/1 and was wondering the same thing. The only person that I've spoken to was the "Tesla associate" when I did my test drive back in June. Other than that, it's been a solo journey for me.
I would say if they aren't beyond the estimated delivery time then you are the ideal customer. I ordered online and 7 weeks later someone called me. 2 days later I was on the road. I don't think these SA are very useful beyond getting you excited about buying a Tesla. He who leaves SA alone gets aligned panels on delivery.:)